Skip to main content

Mark Borne News: Issue #5

This issue has a big issue. That issue (and this issue) is called "Writer's Laziness". (Credit to my friend Sajwa Sabree for naming this terrible disease.) Basically, it describes the severe lack of motivation to write, enjoyment of writing, and inspiration for writing. It's what happens when a writer has plenty of time to write, but doesn't even try to come up with ideas, and resorts to other activities, such as walking, gaming, sleeping, eating, or wasting time, all things you wouldn't expect a writer to ever do. I have performed each and every one of these activities since Writer's Laziness hit me, all in an effort to have an excuse not to write. So, no, the past few days I have not been busy, I've been lazy. I apologize for the lack of content which has, therefore, existed on my blog, and will try to get back into the mood. (I'm considering binge-watching Netflix for story ideas.)

But, onto more important news!

Not one, but two Lark Adventures stories came out since Issue #4, and while neither of them are anyone's favorite, they're still very cool and a very good usage of time! In Lark Versus Rock Music, Lark discovers what music is and finds a new way to be demanding. In The Meowmurra, Lark begins discussing ghosts with his human, and finds another way to insult humanity. I'd recommend reading them if you haven't!

Watching Time: Chapter 10 has been released as well, and promises to create more questions than it answers, as usual. (If you have a bunch of time, please compile your questions below, I keep forgetting a few major plotpoints and I'm not sure what else I'm forgetting.) It's also visited the "Fantasy Realm", as I call it, and started vaguely referencing magic. Sorry to all those who are disappointed.

In case you're oblivious like me, I have decided to once again point out that there is now a set of lines of words below the list of pages. They'll change every week. Obey them. They will guide you to a path of flattery and compliments.

Instead of a riddle this time, I will do free knock knock jokes. Just comment, "Who's There?" and the joke will proceed. (Only one knock knock joke per person; I don't know a great deal of them.)

The question of the day is: "What color is the sky right now?" There is much debate as to the answer, depending on where you live. If you live in China, you might say black, whereas if you live in the United States, you might say blue. If you live on the coast of California, actually, you might say red.

Like time, I wondered how much wood could be chucked by wood chucks. Here are the responses:

Lucy J: Poor woodchuck. According to Google, it'd be about 700 pounds. I really didn't have a funny answer for that one. Oh, well. -shrugs-

Marysa Storm: I think your comedic standards must be pretty low to include me again.

Mark Borne: ...oh, St. Patrick's day...

(Come on, even my incredibly low standards are barely bringing in enough comments! And very few relevant ones, too!)

Comments

  1. Quick! Think of something funny so you can end up on the funny comments again! Keep the streak going.

    Maybe I should be a comedian.

    I'd say clown, but I'm scared of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I'm also scared of clowns xD

      ...ironic, actually :/

      Delete
    2. Not ironic, understandable, clowns are creepy

      Delete
    3. Lol That's not the irony, I'd be extremely freaked out if you knew why it was ironic, since I've never told you. Suffice it to say, I've given up trying to escape clowns xD

      Delete
    4. ...oh?

      All I'll say is they're N A S T Y

      Delete
    5. :/
      To a specific reader, do not take offense from Marysa's comment if you read it!

      As far as my response to your comment goes, I don't think they're creepy, I'm just naturally fearful of them. My grandma had a bunch of clown dolls in her guest room, so any time I stayed at her place, I fell asleep with clown dolls watching me, and then in SC, I heard about a series of clown killings, and had many nightmares regarding clowns. In actuality, it's just the people who are acting as the clowns, but it was enough of an impact that I have a natural fear of clowns in general

      Delete
    6. I don't mean to offend anyone? I'm sorry?
      I just really don't like clowns.

      The clown killing thing happened in Fl too you know.

      They're just creepy.

      Delete
    7. I didn't know it happened down here; thanks for giving me reason to panic :/ lol

      Idk, though, I haven't heard of any clown killings for a couple years, so Idt I have a legitimate reason to worry

      Delete
    8. Well yea, it was years ago, when I was in middle school.
      But relax, you'll live. You won't be killed by a clown.

      Delete
    9. -blinks twice- I do love irony :)

      Delete
    10. -shrug- I'm not sure it's really my place to say :P

      Delete
    11. ok?
      My curiosity is insane. If it's a reader on here, I do hope they share, I'm dying to know.

      Delete
    12. Lol Yep, has a lot to do with a reader on here. Not sure they will share, though -shrug-

      Delete
  2. Ooh, Writer's Laziness is a great term! So true.

    "What color is the sky right now?"

    Um, not so much color, but rather dull. I'd say it's dun. Figuratively.

    Oh, yeah. "Who's there?"



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is -nods-

      Hmm...interesting :/

      "Lettuce" :D

      Delete
    2. Lol. Okay, Lettuce who?

      Delete
    3. Lettuce in, it's cold out here!

      Delete
    4. I can't believe you would PRODUCE a joke so bad

      Delete
    5. I didn't, I heard it from a third-party source -shrugs then grins-

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.