Skip to main content

Mark Borne News: Issue #4

YEEEEEEEESSSS! And no!
I just realized I forgot to keep up with a blog I've been reading through, thus the "no", and I've got a ton of great news to share, thus the "YEEEEEEEESSSS"! Vote now: "Yes" or "No"?

First up, I would like to announce not one, but two Lark Adventures coming up, thanks to Al! The first one is to be released tomorrow the 17th and the second is going to be released the following day. For those of you who can't do math when you're super tired, and are still affected by time change, I went through the difficult process of plugging it into the calculator, and found out after five minutes of effort that the day after the 17th is the 18th, so keep an eye out on the 17th and 18th for the next two Lark Adventures!

Also, Watching Time has resumed development, now that my (not-so-good) friend Writer's Block decided to go on vacation! Chapter 9 has been released and Chapter 10, while I haven't started actually writing it, yet, is very promising! Tons of great ideas for it! Click here to go to the recap of Chapters 1-8, and click here to visit Chapter 9!

Don't expect a release of who got in this week of the Collaborative Challenge because no one actually wrote anything that was sent in. Like I said in a previous post, I didn't actually expect it to go very far, especially after my most willing participants became very busy. I have decided to change the rules, it will remain open until the last day of April; if you submit something, I will post it up there, and so you get a PROMISED spot in the challenge. Sounds good, doesn't it? (My ego challenged me to write an entire paragraph in one of these news articles without an exclamation mark. I think I passed!)

Most of you probably haven't noticed, and not all of the ones who noticed probably visited it, but I aged a page for Mageborn Studios, which is my alternate name when I'm taking pictures! Those who did visit were probably disappointed. Mageborn Studios also has a board on Pinterest, now, which will feature photos I've taken. Take my advice though: just visit the page on this blog, it will feature them, too. It's also easier than traveling all the way to Pinterest. I mean, seriously, 1 Click versus 3 Clicks; it's easy math! (I think. For me, it's 3 Clicks, but for you guys, you may need to type into the search bar or click more often. So, double easy math! Blog's the easiest.) As of yet, nothing has been posted in the Mageborn Studios Page, except the photo that advertises Mageborn Studios, which is pointless because you don't need an ad to visit a place that you're already at.

Whew, this is a long news article!

Here's a riddle for you: "What word begins and ends with E, but only has one letter?" (I claim no credit for this one, either; I found it on the internet.)

And today's question is...*drumroll please*...How much wood could a woodchuck chuck of a woodchuck could chuck wood?! :D Answer in the comments, my favorite responses will be featured in Article #5!

Last time I asked, Are grammar rules really grammar rules if a thousand words break grammar rules? Let's see what people thought:

Kyra Organa: Those thousand words must be teenagers going thrugh their rebellious stage. Don't worry, they'll grow out of it.

Also Kyra Organa: STOP THE INJUSTICE AGAINST FACE-HIGHFIVES!

Marysa Storm: How'd I end up there again?

Lady Knight: As a hobbit fan, I have to say what an EGG-slent joke.

Kyra Organa Again: FELLOW READERS! SUPPORT FACE-HIGHFIVES!

Double Points for Kyra for being pretty much the only person with a funny comment that confirmed my suspicions on grammar rule breakers. Then multiply that score by 0 because of the excessive Face-Highfive comments.

Comments

  1. For voting, my answer is "umm, yes?"

    Ah, awesome! I always need a good dose of Lark Adventures! :D

    Well, excluding that exclamation point in the bold parentheses, I'd say you passed. I'd give it an A minus.

    Not going to answer the riddle, since I looked it up. :P

    "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

    Answer: Poor woodchuck. According to Google, it'd be about 700 pounds. I really didn't have a funny answer for that one. Oh, well. -shrugs-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xD

      Al doesn't think they're that great, but I love them :/

      -gasps in mock horror- I failed!!!

      Oh lol. I just searched, "Difficult riddles for smart kids" :P

      Lol I also googled it out of curiosity xD

      Delete
    2. I'll give you an extra point out of courtesy (just this once). Lol. There, that's better.

      Lol. Well, I'm just lazy and I originally read the question wrong, so... yeah. XD

      Yeah, it is pretty intriguing as a serious question. As a tongue twister, it's absolutely dreadful. But I think this one takes the cake: "Pad kid poured curd pulled cod." Apparently, according to my "expertise" (not at all) Google research, this is one of the hardest tongue twisters to say. I just tried it, and I didn't get far. Lol.



      Delete
    3. I still failed my ego lol

      Lol That makes sense xD

      Lol That must be hard. I can only do the one listed in the post, and I can't do the answer :P

      Delete
  2. I think your comedic standards must be pretty low to include me again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! More Lark stories. My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark Adventures are definitely very fun -nods-

      Delete
  4. Happy St. Patricks day everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...oh, St. Patrick's day...
      :/
      Thankfully, I can always say my eyes are green and that keeps me safe :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.