Skip to main content

Awaiting Love (Poem by Gabby)

Am I the only one who falls asleep lonely? With only a chipped heart beating too slowly. Am I supposed to grow older in solitude- Or do I have a chance to find a love so true? I feel like my hands will always be empty, And I wonder if anyone will ever hold me. If this freckle-painted skin will ever be touched. As insecurities flood in; Will I ever be enough? Will anyone ever smile at me in that way? Or tell me that they love me every single day? I can’t be the only one who wants things like these, But oftentimes, I feel like it really is only me. Is loneliness a permanent inscription in my book? Will I ever gain a man’s second look? Oh, how I wonder if it’s already set in stone, That I’ll spend my time entirely alone. But I have hope that I’ll find a true love; Somebody I can open up to and fully trust. Maybe he’s been praying for a girl just like me- Awaiting a love he’s yet to meet.

woman sitting on bar chair

Comments

  1. I love this! It has a really cool conflict of love or no love (patience) that's really intriguing and grounded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabby, this beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous. Its so sweet and heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOAH HOW ARE YOU SO AMAZING AT POETRY????? This poem is phenomenal, and the rhyme and rhythms are gorgeous. I really identify with the poem in several ways as well. Hats off to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU!! That means so much to hear <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Storm Constantina4/10/2020 10:50:00 PM

    This is amazing!good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Statistics Update and Reader Of The Month Voting!

That's right, we have STATISTICS and VOTING! I love my voting sessions! :D All-Time Views: 23,317 Views in the Last Month: 10,202 Views Yesterday: 262 Views Today (So Far): 121 Most Viewed February Posts: Summer's Eve, by Prudence Spencer, A.K.A. S. Thorston Scarlett; 143 Views Lark Adventures: Birthday Bash...Cat Treat Bombs? by Al: 132 Views 21,426 Views?! by Mark Borne: 98 Views ...how did a simple views update get more than most posts? That seems contradictory. Maybe I need more view updates, then! :D All Time Foreign Country Views: Germany: 1461 Views Russia: 142 Views Portugal: 68 Views France: 43 Views Brazil: 38 Views Other Countries Combined: 64+ Views (I can't see beyond 10 countries) Unknown Regions: 25 Views (How does one be unknown...?) Well, Germany doesn't have much competition, I guess. Still, I appreciate all the views, guys! Total Comments: 1,000 (That's gonna grow, soon) Most Frequent Com

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"