Skip to main content

The Future of the Blog


Because we need many kinds of blog updates titled, "What's Next?" and "The Future!" and so on so forth. But, in my defense, this is big, long-term news. I'd say bigger than my "BLOG NAME CHANGE!!! Yeah!" news.

As high school begins to come to a close, I'm looking more and more into colleges and scholarships, and whew, am I behind! But the point is, I'm planning on going to college, and if I can earn enough scholarships and/or grants, I can go to college for the 2020/2021 school year, which would be amazing. There is a chance I may not be able to obtain the funds to go to college, in which case guess what I'll do? Get a job, and a life, and hopefully find some greater purpose God has laid out for me.
Edit: I wrote this a while back. I've got a job now.

Below is a list of all the things that'll change in both situations (me going to college versus me not being able to afford going to college), and also a list of what won't change.

If I Go To College:

  1. I will become undeniably busy. Chances are, I'll get a part-time job while in college. You know I'm going to stay in contact with my friends. Where does that leave this blog? Kinda lonely, if you ask me. Maybe this blog will even die. I'm not sure.
  2. Actually, yeah, not much will change, except my schedule.
If I Can't Go To College:
  1. I will still become busy, as I will be needing to receive a job, and will be working on moving out of my parents' home. However, I may not be extensively busy, so I may still have time for this blog.
  2. I will focus a lot more on getting my driver's license. Obviously.
  3. I will probably become more involved in my church. I want to do this, anyways, I just don't have the opportunities right now. If I don't start attending college, I'll probably be more able to volunteer at the church and help out.
  4. I might want to travel and visit friends from other states.
  5. Other stuff. Not quite sure how anything else would fit into my "grand plan", as it all costs money, time, or just doesn't seem possible, thus I'll leave it as "Other Stuff".
What Won't Change:
  1. I will actively be seeking out some better way to glorify God. I feel like this is kinda a long-shot, since every time I felt like I understood God's calling I was gravely mistaken, but maybe He's just trying to teach me persistence and testing my faith. Thus, I'm going to keep looking for ways to grow.
  2. I will at least try to appear on this blog. Sometimes. I'll make no promises, though.
  3. I will try to keep up with all the Marvel and Star Wars related content in the future.
  4. And above the last two points, I will keep on smiling! Smiles may not be contagious, but they are scientifically proven to improve one's mood!

Comments

  1. So, does this mean no more Mr. Forensic Scientist? You know, if you do choose. a field in Theology there are Schools of Divinity? Like up in North Carolina, I thinks its in, its called, Wake Forest University, which offers the 4-year education, and then you could choose to attend their schools of law, medicine, or Theology. I don't know a lot about them, yet. And I'm so cheap, that I'm thinking to pay to learn about Jesus, is sort of like...no! For that, I read the Bible over and over again, read the commentary of Martin Luther, C.S. Lewis, and Charles Spurgeon.

    Anyway, before I got into my snappy comment, I hope you do end up doing something that glorifies God! For real, that would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Oh, no, I'll probably be one. I just don't know for sure, yet. And yeah, I don't fully get the idea of paying to study Christ, it's possible to just do it yourself with other resources :/

      Yes, it would be :D

      Delete
  2. Wow! Seems like you've really thought about this! It's good to know that you have a plan. (more than I've got. Mine's is: get accepted to college, go to college, do college, graduate, and the rest doesn't have a order. Get a job with the CDC, get married, get a house)

    I'm impressed (and a bit scared) to see you growing up so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -wipes away tear- They grow up so fast

      Delete
    2. xD You know what I'm thinkin' when you mention "married" lol

      Lol Thanks xD

      Delete
    3. Geez. Out of context, I don't think that has the meaning you intended. XD

      No problem

      Delete
    4. Huh. Yeah. It doesn't lol

      Delete
  3. Well, just know that I have faith in you being able to accomplish anything you put your mind to, and I really hope college works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ash :D I appreciate the confidence, even if I don't share it

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.