Skip to main content

Anomaly Identity Novel Prologue: Forgotten Dream



“No!” Lincoln shrieked, standing back up and standing beside his newside friends. Poppy, Zere, Andrea, Lily, and Rose all stared at him in marvel, but he ignored them. He hadn’t come to free the princesses. There was a personal score involved in this fight...and he was going to even that score. “You killed Abraham! You killed my brother!”
The masked face stared back emotionlessly. “Is that what you think? Well, to an extent, it’s true.”
“So you finally admit it!” Lincoln hissed.
“I admit to nothing,” the man countered. “Look around. Five girls? Why aren’t there any princes involved in this adventure? How come all your companions are females? Because you’re dreaming, and of course you’re going to want a complicated love life in your dreams!”
Nothing this man made sense to him. “I’m...dreaming?”
My powers, my adventures...my friends? It’s all fake? Am I insane?
“Yes!” the man exclaimed, finally eager. “You finally get it! I’ve been trying to help you all along!”
“Then who sent all the monsters after us?” Lincoln wondered. “Who’s been trying to kill us?!” 
The man was silent for a moment. “I can show you. But you have to trust me, and you have to come alone.”
“We can’t trust him,” Zere hissed. “He knows he’s outmatched. This is a cheap trick.”
“What if it’s not?” whispered Rose. “The monsters will still come, and we won’t have the Masked Man to help us figure this out. We need to take this chance.”
“He said we’re a dream,” Andrea countered. “There’s no way this guy is sane. I think he believes he’s helping us, but he’s really attacking us...which means we need to fight him.”
“Even if it’s a trick, or a trap, or a bad idea,” Poppy mussed, grinning, “it’s another adventure. And I’m not sure about you guys, but I’m not ready to let Lincoln go just yet.”
Lincoln and Lily both hesitated. He considered asking her for her advice, but her already knew what she’d say. They were mentally connected, after all.
Accept his help. We can’t beat him on our own, anyways.
Lincoln looked down guiltily at the sword. His bluff had worked, but it did complicate issues. He stepped forward and accepted the Masked Man’s outstretched hand. As the man pulled him through a portal, he heard Zere cursing at him, and he heard Andrea shouting at him to stop. But it was too late.Good luck, Lincoln, Lily’s voice said. Come back when you’re done.

Comments

  1. To check out the full novel (in progress), visit this site:
    https://anomalyidentity.home.blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart! Marketing your story on this more popular blog is genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, except my other blog is more popular. I'm just hoping to attract new readers to it lol

      Delete
    2. That's because you've actually been posting there XD

      Delete
    3. I try to post both areas, it's just hard xD

      Delete
    4. Yeah, now that you got a life and everything

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.