Skip to main content

Wait, WHAT? (Short Story by ThePoetOfSteel) | Filler With ThePoetOfSteel

Wait, WHAT?

Short Story by ThePoetOfSteel

Filler With ThePoetOfSteel

I looked out the window and was horrified by what I saw. The storm raged on, basically drowning everything under 2 feet, and I was stuck at my "friends" house.
Classic "parents are friends so you have to be friends as well" scenario. We were supposed to just borrow something from them (don't know what), but parents talk on and on and on...
And then the storm kicked in.
"I'd rather be out there than in hear with Selina!" I made sure to emphasize the "Lee" sounding bit.
"Back at ya, KAREN!" 
"IT'S REN TO YOU!"
Mom and Ms. Kotton ran over. "What is going on here?!?" Mom had her "better answer" voice, so I spoke first.
"Selina Gomez's has terrible singing!" She's not the only one to play the name game.
"THAT'S IT!" Of course she would whine about it, and we started to constantly yell at each other until our parents broke it up. They then discussed in tongues Selina nor I understood. Probably ParentSpeak. Then they announced the punishment in sync.
"You will stay in the same room until you learn to get along!"
-----
"Parents just don't know what's best for us. For crying out loud, I'm 14! I'm not a child!" Selina was right about one thing, parents aren't always smart. But now I have to correct her.
"Technically speaking, your brain stops developing at 25, and your body stops growing at 18. So, your actual calculated adult age is-"
"NOT HELPING! I NEED TO BE TREATED WITH RESPECT!"
"Just because you will be an adult does not mean immediately receiving respect. Besides, only other adults can call adults by there first name. And to me, a kid calling me "Ms. Kandy" is weird."
"DAD...Dad treated me with respect." Her eyes drifted off to a distant place, a place of darkness, a place that makes your eyes glaze over in pain and sorrow, a place where death and despair is the one and only component of life, a place I've seen before, but haven't seen for a long time.
"I'm so sorry..." No more words could leave my mouth as I walked over to her bed and sat next to her. She sat up, still with that look in her eyes.
"My father was a police officer who was well respected by everyone, and was never as rude as my mom. But she's only rude because...my Dad died a hero on the field, but he made sure that his death was not in vain. He stopped a whole gang war that night. Just wish he was still here." She wiped tears from her eyes, but I wasn't just going to sit there, no matter how annoying she is.
"My father was a cool dude himself," I unfolded. "He always looked on the bright side of things. Around him, there was never a dull moment in my life. When he passed, so did I."
She actually looked liked she understood for a moment, then quickly snapped out of deep talk. "Not like I can relate to anybody, anyway." She then tried opening the door. "They done blocked it."
I smirked in satisfaction. "Then we give them what they want."
*****
"It's been an hour, and they do seem to be awfully quiet." I heard my Mom say as her and Ms. Kotton came into the room just as we had planned.
"Hi Mom! Hi Ms. Kandy!" Selina made sure her voice was as "friendly" as can be. We both smiled, showing them our favorite redstone contraption in Minecraft. My Mom raised an eyebrow. She then turned to Ms. Kotton.
"Gabby, is your daughter as cunning as mine?"
"I believe so, Chelsey. But, if they can plan together, I suppose it's good enough for me. Let's go, Ren."
I quickly grabbed her arm. "Just 10 more minutes? The storm is still extreme, and I want to finish building this house!"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Statistics Update and Reader Of The Month Voting!

That's right, we have STATISTICS and VOTING! I love my voting sessions! :D All-Time Views: 23,317 Views in the Last Month: 10,202 Views Yesterday: 262 Views Today (So Far): 121 Most Viewed February Posts: Summer's Eve, by Prudence Spencer, A.K.A. S. Thorston Scarlett; 143 Views Lark Adventures: Birthday Bash...Cat Treat Bombs? by Al: 132 Views 21,426 Views?! by Mark Borne: 98 Views ...how did a simple views update get more than most posts? That seems contradictory. Maybe I need more view updates, then! :D All Time Foreign Country Views: Germany: 1461 Views Russia: 142 Views Portugal: 68 Views France: 43 Views Brazil: 38 Views Other Countries Combined: 64+ Views (I can't see beyond 10 countries) Unknown Regions: 25 Views (How does one be unknown...?) Well, Germany doesn't have much competition, I guess. Still, I appreciate all the views, guys! Total Comments: 1,000 (That's gonna grow, soon) Most Frequent Com

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"