Skip to main content

Dwarvish Castle Build: Entrance

Alright, so, the Dwarvish castle build is progressing smoothly, though I'll warn you, it's not going to feel like a castle at all. Kinda wish I'd named the other build Dwarvish Tower, and this one could be Dwarvish Fortress.

But, this update for the castle build is about the entrance, which I've finished.


This is what I call the Courtyard. Unfortunately, some of the details clash, but...well...dwarves aren't known for being pretty. Mostly made of stone and functional, as well as lots of lava.


Another look at the Courtyard, which gives you an idea what the inside kinda looks like. Like I said, lots of lava.


The Courtyard leads to the Trail, which leads to the actual entrance. The trail has about 50x more detail than I'd originally planned, since I had to cover up a few miscalculations. In the end, though, it looks rather normal, thus there's no close-up.


The entrance gives us a break from pure stone, and includes a nice, oversized arch made of birch. Along with braziers on top, which are bound to set the entire arch on fire. 


This close-up gives the entrance a better look. I have a simple mechanism that controls the door. When it's daytime, the door will be open, when it's nighttime, the door will shut. This photo also gives you a good look at the details that went into the entrance.


Unfortunately, the inside still looks rather poor. I would not consider setting up a siege against this castle yet, as it's utterly barren. After finishing this, I started working on the walls, and I made a grave mistake. See for yourselves:


I started building the wall out of Polished Andesite initially, when mapping out where the walls would be. Then, after doing the entrance, I came back and forgot to switch back to Polished Andesite, and thus built a wall section made out of Stone Bricks. I'm planning on actually removing the Andesite and replacing it with Bricks, though the inside will probably feature Andesite walls.

Anyways, that's the first Dwarvish Castle Build update! Hope you enjoyed!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Statistics Update and Reader Of The Month Voting!

That's right, we have STATISTICS and VOTING! I love my voting sessions! :D All-Time Views: 23,317 Views in the Last Month: 10,202 Views Yesterday: 262 Views Today (So Far): 121 Most Viewed February Posts: Summer's Eve, by Prudence Spencer, A.K.A. S. Thorston Scarlett; 143 Views Lark Adventures: Birthday Bash...Cat Treat Bombs? by Al: 132 Views 21,426 Views?! by Mark Borne: 98 Views ...how did a simple views update get more than most posts? That seems contradictory. Maybe I need more view updates, then! :D All Time Foreign Country Views: Germany: 1461 Views Russia: 142 Views Portugal: 68 Views France: 43 Views Brazil: 38 Views Other Countries Combined: 64+ Views (I can't see beyond 10 countries) Unknown Regions: 25 Views (How does one be unknown...?) Well, Germany doesn't have much competition, I guess. Still, I appreciate all the views, guys! Total Comments: 1,000 (That's gonna grow, soon) Most Frequent Com

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"