Skip to main content

10 Recommended Songs

These are songs I've recently found that I've enjoyed.

  1. Pocketful of Poetry
    1. This song has a strange title, and the way it's built/sung is...even stranger, to be honest. But the pure optimism behind the singer's voice always catches me off-guard, and it's honestly very intriguing.
  2. Hey, Soul Sister (by Train)
    1. Every now and again, I come across a song that practically screams "STALKER"; this is the only one I've found I've actually loved nonetheless. And it's super upbeat, too!
  3. Life is a Highway (by Rascal Flatts)
    1. Making its premier in the movie Cars, this song always catches my attention. Yet upon rereading it, it appears to be a love song...why'd they squeeze that into Cars?
  4. Chasing Cars (by Snow Patrol)
    1. I never found this song anywhere other than the radio because "Chasing Cars" is sung only once in the entire song, and in a random place at that. The name is extraordinarily facepalm worthy. 
  5. Count on Me (by Bruno Mars)
    1. This is my new favorite song! Listen to find out why. It's a true Hufflepuff's theme song.
  6. Astronauts (by Rachel Platten)
    1. When I hear "Rachel Platten", I used to think "Fight Song". I like Astronauts far better, though.
  7. Willow (by Jasmine Thompson)
    1. I'm not sure if the original song was sung by Jasmine Thompson, but I do know she is a cover artist, so she sings a lot of music that isn't her own. I'd listen to the one by Jasmine Thompson, there's something about the way she sings it that's super, super calming.
  8. Would You Be So Kind (by dodie)
    1. The way this song was made is...odd. Or must be odd. It's basically a one-sided conversation that begins polite, gets a little rude towards whoever she's singing it towards, and then it gets polite again. But still, it'd odd and strangely enjoyable. 
  9. On Top of the World (by Imagine Dragons)
    1. There are two popular artists I don't particularly enjoy: Maroon 5 and Imagine Dragons. But this is one song by Imagine Dragons I can't get enough of!
  10. Brave (by Sara Bareilles)
    1. I admit, I just had 9 songs to list, and I wanted a nice two-digit number, so this is a filler item. But hey, it's a decent song, even if I'm not a fan of how it's sung.
Originally, this article was to be posted on the 11th as a filler, but on the morning of the 11th, I wrote up another post. I just so happened to forget to reschedule this, so those of you who read this before I corrected the timing got a preview.

Comments

  1. I love your commentary of songs.

    1. It's a really interesting song.
    2.I read the lyrics and thought, weird. Listened to it: noice! It sounds like La Da Dee by Cody Simpson, but...weird.
    3. Not bad
    4. It actually isn't that bad. It's an oddly dreamy song. XD
    5. The only other Bruno Mars song I've knowingly listened to was Uptown Funk. I've heard this song before, though. I like it *adds to playlist*
    6. I like the funk in the background
    7. It's soothing. I FEEL RAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEE!!!!! XD
    8. I actually really like this song. *adds to playlist*
    9. *GASP* Imagine dragons are amazing! I do agree with its lovability, though *already on playlist*
    10. *thumbs up*

    I should make a Kyra's top 10


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4. It's a really good song, one of my favorites xD
      5. I really, really, REALLY dislike "Uptown Funk"...like, REALLY :P
      7. Lol We have different tastes in music xD
      8. Ikr? Lol. Except, it doesn't initially seem to be your style, so I'm shocked xD

      You could -shrug-

      Delete
    2. 4. lol.

      5.*GASP* XD

      7. Indeed. It's not bad, but not my thing.

      8. Me too!

      Delete
    3. Omg I dislike uptown funk too o.o idk if I ever met anyone who has actually disliked it as well, its just oofy, its catchy and the rhythm is good but idk about the lyrics and that kinda jazzy sound isn't my favorite XD

      Kyra you should! And yesss imagine dragons are amazingggg

      Also. WDW. New Song. Chills. Out Now. Its amazing. Totally Recommend. I was one of the first 1000 listens on spotify ngl. the video is kinda odd at a few points so... maybe watch a lyric version or listen on spotify if you do listen to it

      Also 'Never Know' by Why Dont We is really amazing <3

      Delete
    4. I mostly dislike it due to classical conditioning; I used to mistake "Funk" for vulgar, so I just don't hear it right :P

      WDW again xD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Statistics Update and Reader Of The Month Voting!

That's right, we have STATISTICS and VOTING! I love my voting sessions! :D All-Time Views: 23,317 Views in the Last Month: 10,202 Views Yesterday: 262 Views Today (So Far): 121 Most Viewed February Posts: Summer's Eve, by Prudence Spencer, A.K.A. S. Thorston Scarlett; 143 Views Lark Adventures: Birthday Bash...Cat Treat Bombs? by Al: 132 Views 21,426 Views?! by Mark Borne: 98 Views ...how did a simple views update get more than most posts? That seems contradictory. Maybe I need more view updates, then! :D All Time Foreign Country Views: Germany: 1461 Views Russia: 142 Views Portugal: 68 Views France: 43 Views Brazil: 38 Views Other Countries Combined: 64+ Views (I can't see beyond 10 countries) Unknown Regions: 25 Views (How does one be unknown...?) Well, Germany doesn't have much competition, I guess. Still, I appreciate all the views, guys! Total Comments: 1,000 (That's gonna grow, soon) Most Frequent Com

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"