Skip to main content

Rise of Skywalker: The Ant's Opinion (SPOILER FREE)

Okay, so, I pretty much just got back from this neat place called Zona Fresca, which I went after going to a mall (wasn't my idea, though I didn't completely hate it), which was a follow-up to watching Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker with my family. Note, this review-type post is as close to 100% spoiler free as I can possibly make it, although I won't promise you won't find any spoilers; bear in mind, any post/video/article discussing an opinion can leak spoilers inadvertently, or even leak spoilers so subtle maybe only 1 or 2 people pick up on it. (But, I can promise I will leak nothing major.)

So, I must say, storytelling wasn't spectacular. I suppose the older films like Revenge of the Sith and The Empire Strikes Back kinda raised the bar high for Star Wars, but Rise of Skywalker didn't quite hit that. While the story was brilliant, and the movie itself was amazing, it's not what many would consider a Star Wars quality film. So, if/when you watch it, don't expect this to be your new favorite.

There were some parts (I won't go into depth) from the trailers that I were afraid were going to be brief glimpses that really didn't play a major part in the movie, but much to my disbelief and pleasure, I can say they did. Other parts that did appear in trailers (major notable example, a strange alien named Klaud), barely got any screentime whatsoever.

One of my major worries was how they'd eliminate all of the villains. You've got Kylo Ren, General Hux, General Pryde, the Knights of Ren, and of course, Emperor Palpatine. This doesn't even cover new enemy troops, such as the First Order Rocket Trooper (not to be confused with the First Order Jet Trooper) and the Sith Trooper. The way they all tied together, though, was brilliant. (AH! I'm dying to write down spoilers and tell you EVERYTHING about the brilliant twists!)

Now, there's one last thing I would like to discuss before ending this: kisses. The first one is...okay? I guess? It made sense, but simultaneously, it didn't add anything to the movie, and I would have preferred they didn't have it. Considering how I just shrugged at the crazy amount of kissing in Solo, that's saying something. The second kiss is, well, not okay, in my opinion. It went against my beliefs as a Christian, and having two females kiss in the background just seemed like Disney trying to make a statement; a controversial one, even. In addition to my personal beliefs of that kind of thing being wrong, it also has no value period. They're background characters, and thus, as I said, it just seems like Disney making a controversial statement for the sake of attention, popularity, or just the sake of making a statement. I don't like it, I don't agree with it, and unlike Lando Calrissian, I don't accept it.

Aside from that, I felt it was a good movie. Again, not Star Wars quality, in my opinion, but definitely one I was glad to see in theaters nonetheless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.