Skip to main content

Jedi: Fallen Order (Lightsaber Customization)

Okay, I must say, lightsaber customization in Jedi: Fallen Order should be its own $15 video game. The experience of customizing your lightsaber? It's truly remarkable and my favorite part of the game so far. Want to know what's odd? It's inspired by Galaxy's Edge lightsaber building.

There are 5 parts to your lightsaber in Jedi: Fallen Order. They are as follows:


  1. Blade Color
    1. This is pretty self-explanatory. This is the color of your lightsaber. For preordering the game, you unlock the orange lightsaber blade, which is what I currently have active (as of writing this article). The default lightsaber color is blue. You also start, however, with a green color as well.
  2. Emitter
    1. This is the "top" part of your lightsaber. I personally dislike the default piece, so I changed it. As of writing this article, I think I have the Umbaran Campaign (another preorder bonus) emitter equipped, but I could be wrong.
  3. Switch
    1. The switch is the "middle" part of the lightsaber. I don't mind any of the choices, but I've decided to avoid the Myteego Campaign (yet another preorder bonus) switch, as it has a gold trim which disrupts the flow of the lightsaber style. I'm currently using the Wisdom And Valor switch, which I unlocked on the starter planet.
  4. Sleeve
    1. The sleeve is the "bottom" part of the lightsaber. The end of the sleeve will always be destroyed, to some degree, though some sleeves have more or less damage than others. The only sleeve I'm against is the Myteego Campaign sleeve, because of the gold trim, which I'm, again, not a fan of.
  5. Material
    1. This is the material the lightsaber is made of. So far, I've only got the preorder bonus materials as well as the default, but I can't wait to get more and experiment. I know there's a doonium material out there, which is the material starships (and the Death Star) are made of. I personally can't wait to find that one!
You can't customize your lightsaber anytime, however. You have to find a workbench. But every workbench I find undergoes usage as I experiment with more possibilities! I'm sure that, with time and dedication, you can find parts that'll let you "rebuild" famous lightsabers from the Star Wars universe. In YouTube videos, I've seen parts that look like Obi-Wan's or Luke's emitter, that's for sure, so it's probably not a stretch to assume other similar parts are found in the game. I can't wait to find them all!

UPDATE: This is a little outdated, so I'm including further information here. You can later on unlock a double-bladed lightsaber, though it makes the lightsaber completely symmetrical, I believe. Later on, you fuse another person's lightsaber to yours, too, so your double-bladed lightsaber is no longer symmetrical, and you gain a sixth customization option. It's the second emitter, so you can customize both emitters.

Comments

  1. Sounds fun!
    Ight, what's the cheapest price?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that's the catch. It costs $60 to buy the game, and an extra $10 (making a grand total of $70) for the deluxe edition (which grants an extra BD-1 skin, an extra Mantis skin, an art book, and behind-the-scenes footage

      I personally think the deluxe edition wouldn't be worth it, though

      If you ARE considering buying the game, you might want to check the specs. Assuming you can understand what it means and if your computer can run it

      Delete
    2. Oh, it's for PC?
      -Stares at dead laptop that won't charge anymore-
      Yikes.

      Delete
    3. Well, and for playstation and xbox. I generally forget about those because I do everything on either Wii U or PC :P

      Delete
  2. MY BRO BEAT ME TO BUYING THE GAME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky for you, I suppose! Jedi: Fallen Order can support 5 individual games. On my account, I've got my Main Game, which is 94% complete, my sister's game, which is closer to 15%, and my Grandmaster Difficulty Game, which is about 5%

      The trick is convincing your brother to let you make a file

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Statistics Update and Reader Of The Month Voting!

That's right, we have STATISTICS and VOTING! I love my voting sessions! :D All-Time Views: 23,317 Views in the Last Month: 10,202 Views Yesterday: 262 Views Today (So Far): 121 Most Viewed February Posts: Summer's Eve, by Prudence Spencer, A.K.A. S. Thorston Scarlett; 143 Views Lark Adventures: Birthday Bash...Cat Treat Bombs? by Al: 132 Views 21,426 Views?! by Mark Borne: 98 Views ...how did a simple views update get more than most posts? That seems contradictory. Maybe I need more view updates, then! :D All Time Foreign Country Views: Germany: 1461 Views Russia: 142 Views Portugal: 68 Views France: 43 Views Brazil: 38 Views Other Countries Combined: 64+ Views (I can't see beyond 10 countries) Unknown Regions: 25 Views (How does one be unknown...?) Well, Germany doesn't have much competition, I guess. Still, I appreciate all the views, guys! Total Comments: 1,000 (That's gonna grow, soon) Most Frequent Com

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"