Skip to main content

5 Useful Writing Resources to Use During NaNoWriMo (Or Anytime)

5) NaNoWriMo
This either seems shockingly obvious or painfully disappointing. This is a great site to use, however! It allows you to keep track of your word count progress overtime with ease, gives you a place to store all your novel information, and even provides pep talks during NaNoWriMo!

4) Plot Factory
This one disappointed me, but it's still useful. When I went into it, I assumed it was a resource for helping with plot ideas and such. It's really, like most of these sources, just an organization tool. The upsides to using this is it allows you to create universe plans as well as novel plans. Be wary, though! You can only make 5 novel plans and 3 universe plans on this site. To make more, it tries to rope you into using money. I suppose if I was a professional writer with a good source of income, I would invest in it, but as a kid who writes for fun and has no income, I'd never do such a thing.

3) Storyline Creator
Like Plot Factory, and about a thousand other free-to-use resources, Storyline Creator has limits. While the site allows you to map out scenes, characters, and add notes to various places, you can't add much overall. Still, it's invaluable for mapping out the biggest picture of a story, and I'll be referring to it constantly during NaNoWriMo.

2) Wavemaker
Wow...just...wow...this site is huge. And on top of being free-to-use, I haven't found any limits. It allows you to create a database of knowledge you can refer to, plan each chapter scene-by-scene, map out every plotpoint you can think of, create timelines and flowsheets, and it's got a mode that challenges you by giving you a word count goal and time limit. It's literally a writer's dream. And nightmare. There's so much do to here that I feel pretty intimidated by all of it.

1) Hiveword
Hiveword seems a bit outdated right now (even the new Beta version), but it's by far my favorite tool to use. While I haven't found many limits, I also haven't done as much as I probably could, yet. It allows you to create stories, and using these stories, you can create characters, scenes, settings items, plotlines, and chapters. And you can make the information super detailed. And it covers literally everything. (And honestly, I think it covers too much.) It also has a name generator for desperate times! This is where I'm going to compile most of my information, supposing it doesn't restrict me any.

Comments

  1. These sound awesome, I might try wavemaker and hiveword lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BuT tHe OtHeRs WaNt ThErE mOnEy

      Delete
    2. Most things will. I've got a possibly good resource that would probably top all of these, and also not ask for money, other than requesting you donate. It's a completely no-profit program

      The catch? It has to be downloaded. That's why I haven't tested it, yet

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Statistics Update and Reader Of The Month Voting!

That's right, we have STATISTICS and VOTING! I love my voting sessions! :D All-Time Views: 23,317 Views in the Last Month: 10,202 Views Yesterday: 262 Views Today (So Far): 121 Most Viewed February Posts: Summer's Eve, by Prudence Spencer, A.K.A. S. Thorston Scarlett; 143 Views Lark Adventures: Birthday Bash...Cat Treat Bombs? by Al: 132 Views 21,426 Views?! by Mark Borne: 98 Views ...how did a simple views update get more than most posts? That seems contradictory. Maybe I need more view updates, then! :D All Time Foreign Country Views: Germany: 1461 Views Russia: 142 Views Portugal: 68 Views France: 43 Views Brazil: 38 Views Other Countries Combined: 64+ Views (I can't see beyond 10 countries) Unknown Regions: 25 Views (How does one be unknown...?) Well, Germany doesn't have much competition, I guess. Still, I appreciate all the views, guys! Total Comments: 1,000 (That's gonna grow, soon) Most Frequent Com

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"