Skip to main content

The Battle of the Night (Written by Lady Knight)

Darkness: [enters caring a strange bottle] The light is gone, its time to play. All who do evil deeds and cower in the daylight, but now they come out and play. I shall bring darkness to all and light shall fade. First star: [is in the back ground listening, with hand cupped around ear] What, this evil fiend He spoils the night of all good things. I must tell my Queen of the moon. [star runs off the stage] Creatures of the night come out and began hooting prowling and circling around, Darkness. Fox :[grovels at Darkness’s feet] Great bringer of darkness you save our soul. The hunters are asleep and the prey lay soundly in their beds. We shall feast tonight for you my liege, ruler the night. Star [shows up with a whole lot of stars] North Star: [places herself in front of the small crowd and points at Darkness] Bringer of darkness you should rule the day that your fiendish mind decide to poison the Sun into deep sleep. Repent and you will be spared. Big bear: [steps in between north star and darkness flashing his claws and saying] You light of tyranny. You kill us all. The hunter is awake and the prey run off. We starve, hunger, and fear your presence. North Star: [explains while throwing star dust in the air] We feed you, beasts of the night. Our lights feeds and multiplies your prey. You should not fear our ways, but be grateful. Cat: [cups hand around ear with one hand while pointing at the stars] But you forgot the hunters—our enemies. You feed and multiply them as well! Your light wakes them up to hunt us down. Hear that sound, dear stars? A gun fired and a friend lying dead. The tanner’s shop is where that poor soul is heading. Besides, your light hurts our eyes so we sleep all day for fear we will be blinded. Mother: [moon steps onto the stage and speaks] Darkness step out and dance. Do not send these fools to do your rants. Give up, you have lost. Given that you are surrounded by stars (motions towards stars) Bat: [flutters in front of Moon mother] You hag of a moon, you fool!— Darkness: [interrupts and pulls bat away] Stand down, blind one! Do not make the matters worse! Prepare you beasts of night… for WAR!!!! Death shall rot the stars of night! Sharpen your claws and spread your wings. Kill the light, hated ones, till none is left. Creatures ready themselves (sharpen claws and flap wings) as stars arm themselves Moon and Darkness:[say in unison] Charge on those fools and renegades, come and you will be defeated. Fighting begins (be sure to have some stabbing) and everyone (except Moon and Darkness) either retreats or moves their fights off stage. Moon and darkness continues to fight. Moon collapses onto her knees and Darkness prepares to deliver the final blow. Then, the sun rises (done by someone standing up after crouching behind logs, standing up) The sun: [wakes up and stretches his arms]What a strange dream I’ve had. Eternal darkness and havoc *yawns loudly* What? My dear enemy here before my eyes? Explain yourselves or die. Darkness: [drops his sword and cowers behind his arms] My eyes! A heat so strong! I must retreat and recuperate. Oh mistress Moon, one day, you’ll join me… my love *waits for gasps and gags in crowd to cease* Moon: [steps towards the Sun] Your face disgusts me! Think not of this foolish plan. I hate the thought of you every night. Darkness: Oh! A broken heart! I must flee before I kill my love {darkness runs off the stage) Sun: [Sun and moon hold hands and smile at each other] Others may call you the lesser light of the sky, but I think not. For you always fight for what is good, but think of yourself for once, my dear. Moon: Think not, only your light brings me joy. It makes me glow and erased the scars of age. The chase, my love *sighs* I must go forever perusing darkness. {moon exits the stage in the same direction as darkness} Sun: Goodbye, my moon, but only for today. We shall meet at dawn till our final day. *bows*

Comments

  1. I don't know who Lady Knight is, but this is impressive. Thumbs up for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wrote (in order of most popular to least popular):

      Evil Isn't Just Skin (Or Fur) Deep
      Is Your Cat A Flerken?
      In My Words
      Is Your Cat A Time Traveler?
      Is Your Cat A Ninja?

      Delete
  2. Thanks ThePoetofSteel.

    I didnt relize that my Evil Isn't Just Skin (Or Fur) Deep story was the most popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it is! but "Is Your Cat A Flerken?" is exactly 2 views behind as of this comment. And it was posted more recently. So, my guess is, "Is Your Cat A Flerken?" is going to end up on top

      Delete
  3. Well this was interesting! it reminded me of both a Shakespeare play and something from the Warrior cat series, good job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Warriors back in the day when not all pre-teen to teen books weren't about middle and or high school romance, bullies, and other stereotypes! 😀

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.