Skip to main content

Letters (Poem by Marysa Writes)

I left you a noteon the doorstep in the meadowwhere I witnessed your first teardrop.The day you plucked petalsoff daisiesand swore to become stonelike the wallat the base of the river. 
I left you a noteon the porch swing in the gardenwhere we shared our first drinkand you confessedthe way your insides were alivebeneath the concreteyou mixedfor the water to set around you.The day you told me of the weightpressing against the damsyou built around your heart,and began writing your namein bottle caps.
I left you a notein the mail slotat the rehabilitation centerwhere you spent six monthsproving to yourselfthat the addiction was notprotection;a guard against your feelingsno matter how hardyou tried to force it to be.
I left you a notein the Starbuckson the street with no signwhere I witnessed you soberfor the first time since seventeen.And you promised to godthat this was the goodbyeto watching your downfalls
I wrote you these noteswith a hand guided by hopeon the doorstep in the meadowwhere I’m now forced to realizethe meaning behind those words.And I wonderif somewhereyou’re witnessing my first teardrop.

Comments

  1. This is beautiful! I love how you describe him building up walls around his heart to hide the pain. It's very beautiful and poetic, but realistic too.

    I love how it seems to mirror itself.

    I really picture this being a hit song.

    Keep writing! This is pure gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poetry can't make me cry.
    Poetry can't make me cry.
    Poetry can't make me cry.
    ACK! I ALMOST DID! TO BEAUTIFUL! BRAVO! 😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.