Skip to main content

Lady Knight's Top Five Movies To Watch, Eventually

After seeing Mark's Top 5 Movies, it inspired me to list some of mine. Here are some of my favorite movies and why I like them. 1. Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe This is a timeless book from my favorite author, C.S. Lewis, that is then turned into a great movie. I like this movie because it shows that your actions affect others around you, unlike other movies that make it seem like you can get away with anything. 2. The Dark Knight Probably one of DC's best series so far. It has complex characters who start to question their own morals over time and a villain who is trying to prove to the world that everyone is a little crazy like himself. (This is the one with the famous "ya wanna know how I got these scars" Joker) 3. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King This is a great ending to a beautiful trilogy. You are holding your breath the whole time. My favorite scene is when the _______ throws himself off the _____ while on ______.(Spoiler-free) 4. The Lego Batman Movie This is a movie that makes fun of Batman and his characters and villains. It's like a screwed up bromantic comedy with plastic bricks. (I thought I will never say that in my life) 5. The Phantom of the Opera This musical plays with your emotions through music and characters. You pity the villain, hate him, fear him, and finally feel bad for him again. There is also a cool sets, choreography, and sword fights. In the end, you will want to wear a mask and join an opera group. (I challenge you to tell me your favorite black and white movie!)

Comments

  1. My favorite black and white movie: "To Kill A Mockingbird" :D I can actually list one! Surprised? Lol

    1. I LOVED THIS ONE! Granted, I can't remember it, which is why it's on my rewatch list. I actually need to rewatch all of the Narnia movies, except Prince Caspian which I watched on TV a couple months ago

    2. Honestly, not my favorite DC movie, but it IS really good! My favorite DC movie is Batman Begins, which I think is the precursor film to The Dark Knight

    3. I must say, after I watched through the Lord of the Rings trilogy, I was shocked. "The Fellowship of the Ring" is still my favorite book, but "Return of the King" proved to be my favorite of the movies. I think it was because of how visually appealing it was, and how it was much easier to understand on screen for me than on paper

    4. This is overall my family's favorite Lego Movie. I actually even really like it, too! But my favorite one is still "The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part". Though, they definitely did the Lego Batman movie well, and it's a movie I can never rewatch enough

    5. ...never seen it? I probably won't, though. I naturally hate musicals (My thought process: "NO ONE BURSTS INTO SONG AT RANDOM MOMENTS LIKE THAT!!!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mark, give musicals a chance.

    My favorite black and white movie is: "The Lodger" by Alfred Hichcock. It was one of his first movies and its a silent film. It even has his first cameo ever in the background. It is free on youtube to watch if you guys are wondering were I can find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have. Plenty of chances. I just can't enjoy them. The one exception is "The Greatest Show", but even then, I would never rewatch it

      Neat :D Sounds interesting!

      Delete
  3. I loved Narnia, my dance school actually did a recital based around that theme. it turned out rly cool lol
    Nice list! I only seen 2/5 of these but it sounds like I should check out the rest :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.