Skip to main content

Europe's Skies (Sonnet 20) (Poem by Shaly)

To the one who I wish I can in someway make my everything. The sweet breath of a sea zephyr (sweeter than wild berries) wafts the perfume of wanton vines of lavender heather on stone walls and sweet is a violin strain, But sweeter are your steps of thunder that asunder the marge of sand washed by the iron green waves, and dulcet is the whisper of your voice at the blush morning, The fire of the golden dawn makes me fain a laugh in a breathless gasp as I do in the veil of silver ocean mist, as the breathless dancers of the red hush Spain, And when I wonder down paths of stone under pale moonlight and white lily perfume, I see Europe’s skies and think of you in the lilac blue evening. For crimson clouds of dusk in Parisian temples and fields of Italian lavender, and exotic Spanish fruit at the sun- drenched ancient markets, are not wonderous, They hold no beauty, not French wine of rose petals and red grapes, or music of oaken curved lutes, nor Austrian organs, they do not leave me in awe of splendor, The flustered morning European heaven where the blue halcyon weep do not still my breath nor the cold Baltic sea makes me fear to whisper a solid utterance, For even if I heard the sigh of an angel or heard the star’s laughter or nymph’s song, I would not fall in breathless sleep, sweeter than sinful fruit’s nectar! For I have heard German tales of slumbering pale maidens with tender flush lips and porcelain cheeks, I have seen the lilac ether of olden Europe, I have seen seven pale stars like the lavender snowy lilies at a moonlit brook float upon the midnight scarlet heaven, and Roman ashen (ashen as wool) figures, I have seen the armor and gowns of the Barbaric, I have worn the jasmine perfume of the Indian gardens of Shalamar, even the soft temple murals of infant cherubs, But nothing in the lotus gentle skies of Asia or the blood sift European heaven, have I dreamt of the golden rose fire of dawn in your tender warm eyes. For Viennese violins songs and jade sweet tinkling operas of man’s haughty voice or flushed Chinese cherry blossoms at the vernal spring bough, Or Baltic fog in frozen dew or pale ocean tampered pearls queens swallow in red rose wine or anything in the European sky is nothing of what you can sough.

Comments

  1. When a poem is so beautiful to the point of perfection! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been near my phone, all day, only for a few minutes when I commented on your poem, but when I read your reply I just jumped up and smiled. I needed that. Thank you! :)

      P.S.

      It's not a romantic love poem by the way, and though you called my poem perfect, its about a perfect person. :)

      Delete
    2. Ahh, I see! Nothing is perfect.
      This is beyond perfection.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Mark. :) That's really nice of you. I can't believe you have no words for this piece. You always have something to say. Well, anyway, thank you, I don't think its perfect, because someone imperfect as me couldn't ever make anything flawless. (Though, I am very proud of this piece, it's nor perfect.) And the reason, I think this is because out of my own ability to write, nothing will be perfect because there were plenty of greater writers now and then, that are far better than me. And the reason you find it perfect, is because first, I wrote about the only perfect man, whoever lived! And then I prayed the flawless God who came in the form of a perfect man, to at least touch someone's heart, so they might like work. (And to be honest, I thought you disliked my work, due to its religious and sometimes sad aspects.) Anyway, thank you, and I'm happy you think so much of it, but if I hadn't this specific subject, Jesus, I don't think it would have been perceived as perfect.

      Delete
    4. No problem, you deserve it!
      Also, if something is religious or revolves around beliefs, I still see it as art work no matter what!

      Delete
  2. Shaly, wow, this is absolutely beautiful, it's one of my favorites by you. It's just so... beautiful xD I love the descriptions, my favorite is, "like the lavender snowy lilies." I just reread that line and was like, "wow, what a lovely sight." I actually was just drawing a replica of one of Van Gough's pieces the other day and the flowers were irises, but the scene made me think of that painting. You should look it up, I'm sure you'd like it.

    Also I just did a sunflower painting which I need to send you soon!

    Anyways, beautiful poem, this made my morning to read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Gabby! :) How are you, girl?

      I'm so happy you liked, thank you! I was inspired by a previous poem I wrote for NaPoWriMo, last school year, based on one of the prompts of the CWC blog. Which, was a romantic poem, I guess you can say. Then, I refurbished the idea, and added a new twist, kept the romantic intrigue, though it isn't a romantic love poem. It's about Jesus and His splendor and awesomeness.

      Yes, I've seen Van Gogh's painting of irises. It's beautiful, it was my phone wallpaper, for a little bit there. I love portraits and artwork for the Romantic Period and Impressionist Era. I love the artworks of Claude Monet, Edwin Long, John William Waterhouse, and J.M.W Turner. They're my top favorites. Thank you, again. :)

      Delete
    2. YOU'RE BOTH TOO KIND FOR THIS WORLD!

      Delete
    3. Hey Shaly! I'm doing okay! How have you been?

      Aww, you're welcome! Ooo, I love the twist, it's a very beautiful piece <3

      That's so great, I actually haven't heard of some of those artists, I need to look them up!

      And you're very welcome :)

      Also thank you @thepoetofstell!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.