Skip to main content

Breaking the Third Wall, and Haiku (Both by Kyra Organa)

"Breaking the Third Wall":

Characters:

Mark
Kyra
Sila
Andy
Grace
Leo


Andy: [in a British accent] Hark! This play hath begun!

Kyra: [leans in towards Mark, Sila, Leo, and Grace and whispers] What is he doing?

Sila: Do we really want to know?

Andy: [British] This is the theater, the heart of art, drama, and sophistication.

Mark: What about comedies?

Andy: [normally] Does this look like a comedy?

Grace: [holding up a piece of paper] Judging by the script, this is trying to be funny.

Leo: [suspiciously raises eyebrows] Is it working?

Mark: [snatches script out of Grace’s hands before she can answer] The title says, “Breaking the Third Wall.” How do we do that? We literally only exist on this piece of paper! We also have no walls!

Sila: [facepalms]

Kyra: Gimme that. [steals script from Mark and starts writing on it by putting the paper on Mark’s back]

Mark: Kyra is always right and is infinitely superior to myself. [slaps hand over mouth] What have you done?!

Kyra: [smirks and stands arms akimbo] Made you say something I agree with, for once. 

Leo: [tiptoes up to Kyra, takes script, and begins to write]

Mark: [punches himself] 

Leo: Stop hitting yourself!

Mark: [punches himself, again]

Leo: Stop hitting yourself!

Sila: [disdainfully] You have so much power, and this is what you’re doing?

Leo and Kyra: [simultaneously nods] Yup!

Grace: [skips over and plucks the script from Leo’s hands] Sila’s right! [starts writing]

Sila: Thank you!

Mark: [singing] What did you do? Gah! Why am I singing?

Grace: [singsong] It’s part of the script!

Andy: I think we should stop. What if this is a curse rather than a gift?

Mark: [tugging at script and singing] I think it’s my turn! 

Sila: [tugging back] Like we trust you! After all, it’s my turn! I can actually use this for good, not pranks!

Andy: Guys?

Grace: Are we playing tug-of-war? Fun! [starts tugging] 

Leo: I could make it rain money!

Andy: Guys!

Kyra: [tugs hard] I was the one who discovered this; I deserve this!

[script rips]

Everyone: [but Mark sings] AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!




Author’s note:

So yeah, you can use your imagination to decide what happened to them. Are they free from the script or have the extinguished all life? Let me know in the comments below! 


"This Is A Haiku":

This is a haiku I'm not quite sure what to do I guess they don't rhyme

Comments

  1. They are free from the script. Mark needs to stop singing lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made my own haiku, and they're kinda restricting. I loved this story! Although everyone needs to leave poor Mark alone! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Lol, they probably should have. I was just in one of those moods XD

      Delete
    2. You're ALWAYS in one of those moods lol

      Delete
    3. This frenemy thing is hilarious!

      Delete
    4. Approximately 99.9% of people who read/hear Kyra and I talking agree with you :)

      Delete
  3. I laughed way too much at this, jeez poor fictional mark xD this is actually rly good and I can see this being an act on something like 'bring the funny.' also I love the haiku, relatable and rly good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! This is really encouraging

      lol. Poor Mark indeed

      Delete
    2. At least someone (Gabby) has some sympathy for (fictional) me! Lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.