Skip to main content

5 Must-See Movies!

And by "Must-See" I mean "OH MY WORD I LOVE THIS MOVIE SO MUCH but you probably won't because my taste in everything is super weird."

However, I think you'll find many of these movies familiar, at least as something you've heard of. A good deal of these are actually movies that have been super successful.

5) Ready Player One (2018)
The future is virtual reality, it seems. This movie accurately captures a world that could very well be that future. The creator of a virtual reality game called the Oasis passes away, and leaves "keys" hidden throughout the games. Each key unlocks the next challenge, and the eventual winner of the final challenge will become the owner of the Oasis. One kid accidentally stumbles across a hidden clue that tells him exactly how to get the first key, which people have never managed to find. But getting the key is the figurative key to fame, and suddenly this organization intent on capturing the Oasis makes him their number one target.

"Going outside is highly overrated." -Ernest Cline

4) Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse (2018)
This is really the first non-MCU Marvel movie I've loved. I feel like perhaps you'll get more value out of it if you read the comics, which I've never done, but I still loved it SO MUCH! It's about a kid who really just wants to paint graffiti everywhere. He has no real plans for his future and doesn't care. But after he gets bit by a radioactive spider, he ends up finding the one and only Spiderman, who's not so unique anymore. And then poor Miles Morales watches the superhero get killed, and his life goes downhill as he holds the literal solution to preventing several dimensions from being merged.

"Wait, so, how many of us are there?" -Miles Morales

3) Star Wars: A New Hope (1977)
This is an older movie, but it's still a heroic tale about an ordinary boy. I personally like just about every other Star Wars movie better (not including the spin-offs like the Ewok movies), but "A New Hope" is still a must-see. If you're not hooked, proceed to "The Empire Strikes Back" which is a crowd-favorite.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." -Han Solo

2) Avengers: Endgame (2019)
I'm kinda cheating here. To understand and enjoy Endgame, you need to watch literally every prior MCU movie, the sole exception being "The Incredible Hulk (2008)". Even then, that's a good movie to watch as it explains the connection the Hulk has to gamma radiation. Anyhow, this is high on my list because of how epic it is. The combat and storyline is extraordinary, and the nostalgia almost made me cry, and I don't even have a personal connection to most of the older MCU movies. This basically ties the entire franchise together, and it's not a disappointment by a longshot. The only regret you'll have after binge-watching the entire MCU and then watching Endgame will be, "Why did I spend nearly 3,000 minutes watching through all of this stuff?"

"Part of the journey is the end." -Tony Stark

1) Iron Man (2008)
Featuring Robert Downey Jr., this is the first movie in the MCU, which is the biggest franchise ever. I never liked Iron Man, but I still loved this movie, because it shows a man (Tony Stark) who had everything short of superpowers, and in the end, he lost everything. He became forced to either build weapons for his enemies, or build his own weapon to break him out, which led to one of the best conflicts I've ever seen on screen. I've heard several describe it as, "...easily the best movie ever made." I would not disagree with this statement. It's far from my favorite, but if you have no seen it, stop reading my blog and go watch it RIGHT NOW.

"I am Iron Man." -Tony Stark

Comments

  1. iIagree with all of those minus the iron man one, which is more of on my "top 50 movies" than top 5. XD

    WHOOO!!!! Star Wars, baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iron Man isn't one of my favorites, as I did mention, but I still think it's a must-see. I could say the exact same for "A New Hope", too xD

      Delete
    2. I love iron man's arc, though. It's so well done! You can still tell it's the same person, yet he's different! I LOVE CHARACTER ARCS!!!! XD

      Delete
  2. Seen them all. Great movies. 😄
    Did you know? Iron Man only died because the contract was up. Also, in Endgame would've had comic characters (Fantastic 4, X-Men, Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer, etc.) if it weren't for film rights. Marvel sold some film rights in the 90s for a cash boost in the industry. But with Sony ripping Spider-Man out of the MCU and Fox messing up the X-Men...Stan Lee would not be happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not the only reason Iron Man died. They could have renewed the contract, or taken him out like they took out Steve Rogers, but they foreshadowed Iron Man's death in Avengers: Age of Ultron

      Though, now Marvel has the rights for Fantastic 4 and they're going to implement them into Phase 5, I believe. And they're supposedly trying to get the X-Men into the MCU, as well. I don't know about the other things

      AND WHY DID SONY DO THAT?! We still haven't figured out what happens to him!!

      Delete
    2. You do know your facts.

      HOWEVER, the reason the X-Men could be entered now is because if Fox did well, MAYBE, JUST MAYBE they could've held on to the last scrap of film rights. But, Dark Phoenix was beat by The Secret Life Of Pets 2 for opening weekend.
      Yeah, they lost those rights hard.

      Delete
    3. I've got a huge Marvel nerd who keeps me up to date xD Pretty sure he reads this blog, but Idk

      Oof, X-Men lost to Pets xD

      Delete
    4. Not only that, but now that Sony has Spider-Man, they are going to place him with the Venom movie universe.
      WAIT, ISN'T VENOM CREATED TO BEST SPIDEY?
      INACCURACY! REEEE!

      Delete
    5. From what I've heard, the Venomverse (a name I made; it's not canon as far as I know) is supposed to be what a universe without Spiderman would be like, so I doubt it. They'll probably create a second universe and try Spiderman again

      Delete
    6. What you're saying is true...for Sony.
      AMY PASCAL HOWEVER...see previous comment.
      That woman is crazy. She threw a sandwich at Kevin Feige. Rude.

      Delete
    7. Ye. Same response I had. 🤪

      Delete
    8. What would you think about my brother being on here? He is also a comic book need. 😝

      Delete
    9. -shrug- I guess I don't mind :)

      Delete
    10. Ok! He's on here now.
      Also, I will wrap up my pool today, so my blog gets on with it's life.

      Delete
    11. Cool :D

      Just a heads up, I'm probably gonna get spottier and spottier. I've got something to do this evening, and I've been procrastinating with getting ready, so as soon as my Owl City playlist ends on Spotify, I'm gonna start focusing on that

      Delete
  3. Iron Man is awesome!

    Mark, do you like the very first Spider-Man film with Toby Maguire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you're talking about me, but I for 1 loved the first 2. The third got messed up way too much, although I do like the emo Peter meme. But it tried to smash 5 movie plots into 1. The other 2 were great though, and I loved the suit! Did you know the webs were gray instead of black inorder to better match the cameras they were using?

      Delete
    2. If you're talking to this Mark, then I've gotta say, not really. I've seen bits and pieces of the original Spiderman series', and I like Toby better than that other actor (What was his name? Andrew?), though I never liked anything Spiderman related until Spiderman: Homecoming

      Delete
    3. I watched the third Spider-Man in the theaters with my dad. I think that same day, I had Chick-Fil-A the first time too. (I didn't know that about the webs, that's cool, Mark.)

      And Mr. Marky (Original Mark, Mark Borne, Mark, I'm calling you Marky now), I didn't watch the one with the Andrew guy. To be honest, I didn't find out there was a second Spider-Man, until a little while ago. To be honest, I always like Spider Man, and I like this new one too. Tom Holland I think is his name, but I like Toby better. That's why when I rated the Superheroes, Spider-Man comes out 3 or 4.

      Delete
    4. Lol Marky

      Neat :D I like Tom Holland best, still lol

      Delete
    5. I feel like it depends on what you're going for.
      Tobey=Older take
      Andrew=Sarcastic side
      Tom=Peter Parker (Complete)

      Delete
  4. I think I'm the only non-marvel/superhero fan here xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok, I like that we all have different tastes in stuff. It shows originality. -Note that even if I hate something you like, we can still be buds. Just as long as it's nothing crazy.-

      Delete
    2. Like bugs or boogers? That counts as crazy? Right?

      Delete
    3. Bugs? Meh. The other one though...🤪

      Delete
    4. Bugs and boogers are gross. Especially centipedes. I hate those things.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.