Skip to main content

Butterflies (Poem by Gabby L.)

Draw a butterfly, use all the colors. To represent your love of others- But never yourself. A tattoo on your mind to help you stay, Something hand drawn and entirely homemade. I love you enough to draw this butterfly, Anywhere you want, just stay by my side. We can draw butterflies all day if you want- If you promise me, you’ll just stop. Whatever you want, just be here tomorrow, I know it hurts, but I’ll try to take away the sorrow. And if you break down, I’ll try my best to pick up the pieces, Just tell me you’ll keep on breathing. Because you know I couldn’t live without you, And I know you couldn’t live without me. So, we’ll draw butterflies together, Like we have forever. But this time it means so much more, As the ink crosses out lines that once kept score. On behalf of the past emerging into the present. A beautiful creature with something to represent. I never wanted a tattoo before, but I’ll get this one, And a thousand more, if you say you’re done. And we can be together, butterflies on our hands, Representing a cleanness only broken people will understand. Standing for the strong and holding on when we’re weak, I’ll draw a butterfly on you, you can draw one on me. And we can fly together into better places on imaginary wings, Talking riddles and stories about imaginary things, Don’t let go, hold on tight, The butterfly will soar into flight. And you’ll be scared, but you’ll be alright, I’ll be here the entire ride. So please draw a butterfly with me, So you can finally be clean.

Author's Note: For the person I wish would have drawn butterflies with me, love and miss ya girlie, stay strong <3

Comments

  1. Gabby, I love this poem. It's beautiful and sweet. It's wow! The person you wrote this for will be so happy when they read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much, Shaly, that means a lot :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.