Skip to main content

Mark Borne News: Issue #10

First, a major announcement. Most of you are probably going to be shocked when you hear this, but I've been busy.
Yes. You read right. I've been busy. If you don't know what the definition of the word "busy" is, I'll define it for you in the same way most dictionaries define words: The act of being busy or never not being busy.

As far as news, I've got some exciting blog updates! Despite minor tweaks or changing the shade of some colors, the current formatting is the new Nexus 4.0 update! I pretty much got it first try, thankfully. But I still think I might have messed up the formatting slightly when copying the format from my test blog to this blog, so let me know if something isn't showing up!

So far, the roleplay has been very active, but if you want to join in, go right ahead! There's still room for more! Just note that you will have to click the "Load More" button at the bottom of the page, under all the comments, in order to see the more recent posts.

You may have noticed that all of Shaly's content is gone. I just wanted to alert you guys that it wasn't a mistake or a glitch, and that there was a valid reason behind it, and it's a reason I want to mention because it's something not many of us think about: Shaly was worried someone might try to steal her content. Think about that for a few moments, and think about your own work. Is there anything you want taken off to avoid the chance of it being stolen? If so, let me know. There are lots of people who browse the internet with the sole intention of stealing, whether it be passwords, hard work, programs, or ideas, and the bigger my blog gets, the easier it'll be for a person to stumble across here. I'm not sure the risk of content being stolen is that great, but in my experience, you can never be too cautious.

Also, the Infinity Stones series has been finished! Yay!

The final thing I have to cover is...(drumroll please)...CHARACTER BATTLES!!! :D
Character battles will be short commentary on two movie/book characters battling. Winner stays on for the next round, where it battles a new character. Have character suggestions? Let me know!

ROUND 1: Batman versus Chewbacca

1- Chewbacca shoots his bowcaster
2- Batman grapples to nearby building
3- Batman throws a batarang (How is that word spelled?)
4- Chewbacca charges to the side
5- Batman dramatically leaps off building
6- Chewbacca charges towards Batman
7- Batman grapples out of harm's way
8- Chewbacca crashes into building
9- Batman Wins!

Batman wins in the 9th move! Way to go, Batman!
Who should battle Batman? Let me know in comments!

Comments

  1. That makes sense, Shaly. If anyone steals my stuff, though, I have the date mine was originally posted on, so I can prove mine came first. If they steal, though, I would prefer if they let me know, 'cause i'd love to see what they do with my characters. :)

    NO! Chewie!!!! *sobs pathetically* Oooh! Maybe the boss battle could be Thanos! But for fighting against batman, maybe voldemort, ironman, or maybe smaug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanos might be cool long-term, actually...
      But Voldemort and Smaug may be too hard for Batman. Iron Man might be nice, though

      Delete
  2. *gasp* You've been busy?! No way!!!

    I nominate either Captain America or Legolas to fight Batman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it was gonna be a surprise! xD

      Captain America would be fun for sure; Legolas...Idk, I'd have to actually try that :/ What I might do is Captain America versus Batman, then Winner versus Iron Man, and then Winner versus Legolas. Maybe. We'll see :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.