Skip to main content

The Shadowed Sea (Poem by Eleanor Moor-Laine)

And when the shadowed sea slicked, The dead moon of the sea was watchful, And in its glare, with thy dead streams, Lapped once with earthly stars, And there birthed the era to be Beyond the words that melt with wax Upon the structured shines of light, Between dreams and eidolons, And I’d remember, day passing, Memory was dark and lit by dead moons Thousands of them into the mire, Alone with sorrow in its glaze, Alone with the lurks of darkness Wrathful by a shore’s blanketed leaf That was adrift between the bones and rivers Of this eden of sorrow, alone. And when the shadowed sea slicked, The dead moon of the sea was watchful, And in its glare, with thy dead streams, Lapped once with earthly stars, Eras crept upon, sooner than the last, With time as a wasted notion, alas, With memory darkly splintering upon the glass strained, As the lone star in the night, Weeping bitterly to its breast; And below by a dozen little softened moths in lamps, tucked, Was the remembrance of that sweet sound of wings, And the unlit darkness of the morning to come.  And when the shallow shores Caressed my hands and made them clean with salt, I’d sit back and know of my sorrow  And everything that I’ve lost.

Comments

  1. This is so beautiful and so sad :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. :)
      I don’t know why I did this, tbh, but I think I thought it would be fun to do. Lol.

      Delete
    2. It does seem fun; Shaly makes it seem cool lol

      Delete
  2. This so pretty, Lucy. I love it! Is it a reaction to the death of a loved one? I'm not sure, but its really pretty.

    Also, it is the most fun thing to just mess with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) Glad you like it. It's actually more of a self-mourning poem or the process of change, rather than the loss of a loved one.

      Delete
  3. Why did i get an email about 5his at 4 am?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know; the email thing has been a little weird since 2019 struck, at least on my end. Now I get emails every time a post has been published AND an email at midnight highlighting every post from the last 24 hours

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.