Skip to main content

The May Ant Awards!

**DISCLAIMER: This was written two days prior to its release, so some content might be out of date**

The April Ant Awards was released the final day of March, and this month's edition, the May Ant Awards, is released the last day of April! The timing seems way off, but simultaneously, it seems to have come far too late, so it's good it's released a day early, same as the April edition.

For those participating in the Spring Collaborative Challenge, an update/reminder: May will be used to revise one another's sections. I'll write another post tomorrow with a more detailed explanation.

Wait, what...? I'm supposed to choose Reader of the Month? Sigh, it's never easy. Never. I'd rather try finding a needle in a burning haystack, which I hear can be quite painful if you have no clue what you're doing, and I wouldn't know what I was doing. So, I piled a ton of my blog readers into a project and randomized the results! That's right! A computer decided! (Sorry if I forgot any of you!) The resulting winner is S. THORSTON SCARLET! I ended up checking to see if she had actually won one, yet, but I found out she hadn't, so yay computer! This award was long overdue, and I would have granted it earlier if I had realized she hadn't yet been chosen.

Post of the Month...? You know what, I really need help with these. I'm gonna choose "How To Finish A Novel" by Luxa! Congratulations! (And check out her blog, too!)

VOTING RESULTS! OH YEAH! You guys predicted Fantasy would be on top, but Fantasy is tied with Realistic Fiction with 5 votes each! Comedy came third with 3 votes, Historic Fiction and Non-Fiction came in with 2 votes each, and Sci-Fi got 1 depressing little vote. Now, you might think, "Wow, 18 votes, that's a lot for this blog!" Well, there were 11 votes. Some voted for multiple things, taking advantage of the loophole I purposefully added of being able to multivote. Pretty nifty, right?

Now, you can vote for...well...whatever this is! Cast your votes, now! :D

I'm doing something different for contests this time; team up with someone in the comments and agree on a theme. When you submit your part, include your pen name and team name (oh, yeah, create a team name, too), and I'll judge each team individually. If you still don't have a team before the 20th, and you want to participate, I'll team with you and have a third-party source (a sibling) judge! You can submit anything from short stories to poetry to...well...anything! :D

Whew!

-Mark Borne

Comments

  1. Congrats Shaly and Luxa! :)

    I think I voted for realistic fiction and sci-fi. That depressing vote was most likely mine. Sci-fi needs some love. Lol.

    And for whatever that is, free for all's are always fun.

    Contest sounds awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xD I like Sci-Fi, I just don't like writing it

      They can be; it largely depends on everyone not being crazy :P

      It's highly experimental, and it'll probably fail, but I figure it's a step up from no contest, and it focuses more on working together than trying to win -shrug-

      Delete
  2. Whoever wants to be my teammate speak now or forever hold your peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would, but alas, I am a last resort for if there is an uneven amount of participants :P

      Delete
    2. I'd love to be your teammate if you're cool with it :)

      Delete
    3. Ofc
      I was wondering if anyone was going to volunteer xD

      Delete
    4. Yayyyy!

      And ofc they would have, I'm surprised nobody has actually, then again its only been a day since you commented lol

      Delete
    5. I'm really busy right now, but if you message me on hangouts about it, I'll get back to you when I can.

      Delete
    6. okay, cool! I'll do that :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Mark. I kind of predicted I would be this reader of the month. Please, don't think it was out of pride, in contrast, it was from your pattern of choosing. Plus, I was the last one left. :) Thank you.

    Anyway, Congratulations Luxa. That is a great poem!

    Lastly, I call dibs on Lucy! Lucy, you wanna be team mates? I'm thinking since, we both love music, our team name could be music related. Or we could come up with a sort of pun, like how the Brat Pack is rooted to the Rat Pack. Or it could be something relating to our era, similar to how the hardships of WW1 took away innocence, and inspired the a group of writers to call themselves, The Lost Generation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, not the last one left; Spitfire and Lady Knight haven't been featured, yet, and if you count people who haven't commented lately but used to, Riddle and Poet of Steel, too :P Plus, it wasn't my choosing this time, it was the computer's choosing xD

      Lol Whelp, have fun, Lucy! xD

      Delete
    2. Awesome! Yeah, we can team up! :D So, it seems like we're creating separate poems pertaining to a theme we agree on? Just want to clarify.

      Anyway, I'm all for the team name being something with music. Hmm... I also like the era one too. This is tough. :/ I'd go for the era one actually, since it could go into many things in current times, and then that might help with picking a theme too, imo.

      Delete
    3. Yes, separate poems related to the theme. If you want to collaborate and make a 2-part poem, though, go ahead! I just know some people here don't have contact with anyone else outside this blog

      Delete
  4. Hi, Lucy. :) I'm sorry, for the late reply. Okay, we can do two separate poems if you like or we can do one where we do something similar to what Mark and Marysa did before. Where they did a pattern and each took a turn adding a line. But, two separate poems sound pretty good.

    I have no idea for what to call our team. To be honest, I thought I'd give a sort of theme for the name and then you would come up with something spectacular. Umm... I'm trying to think about our contemporary times, and my mind is continually brought to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.

    We could be the... I'm thinking... I got nothing. But, with music we could draw on from our favorite composers names. I like Pytor Ilyich Tchaikovsky and Beethoven. How about you?

    For poetry themes, Spring, Ice, Fire, Autumn, Age, Desert, Innocence, Death, Mourning, God, Lilies, Winter. I have no idea. You choose. I'll write whatever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Separate poems I'm on board with too.

      Ooh, great idea! With composers, I like Dieterich Buxtehude, because the name sounds interesting and is just a mouthful. We can be the Tchaikovsky-Dieterich team then perhaps. What do you think?

      Those are great themes to choose from too. How about death? Because it can go into all other ideas with winter, mourning, age, fire, and God.

      Delete
    2. I love it! Okay, you want to write the first poem and then I do a spin-off? If we have to contact each other could it be through the Camp NaNoWriMo email?

      Delete
    3. Sure. :) I already have a draft of it right now. I'm still revising some lines, though. So, when I'm finished with the poem, do you want me to send it to you?

      Delete
    4. Yes, that would be perfect!

      Delete
  5. I prefer turn-based for "whatever this is" because I like order. Anything else lends itself to chaos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I partly agree; I like either "Semi-Turn-Based" or "Semi-Free-For-All" usually; strictly turn-based makes it easy for one person to mess everything up, and free-for-all makes it out-of-control

      Delete
    2. Oh, yeah, and by the way, welcome to the blog! :D

      Delete
    3. Thanks! Your blog is cool. :D

      Delete
  6. Nice post! Congrats to whoever Luxa and Scarlett are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, my comment didn't actually appear. Never mind xD
      Thanks for coming to my blog!

      Delete
    2. No, problem! I was glad to. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Statistics Update and Reader Of The Month Voting!

That's right, we have STATISTICS and VOTING! I love my voting sessions! :D All-Time Views: 23,317 Views in the Last Month: 10,202 Views Yesterday: 262 Views Today (So Far): 121 Most Viewed February Posts: Summer's Eve, by Prudence Spencer, A.K.A. S. Thorston Scarlett; 143 Views Lark Adventures: Birthday Bash...Cat Treat Bombs? by Al: 132 Views 21,426 Views?! by Mark Borne: 98 Views ...how did a simple views update get more than most posts? That seems contradictory. Maybe I need more view updates, then! :D All Time Foreign Country Views: Germany: 1461 Views Russia: 142 Views Portugal: 68 Views France: 43 Views Brazil: 38 Views Other Countries Combined: 64+ Views (I can't see beyond 10 countries) Unknown Regions: 25 Views (How does one be unknown...?) Well, Germany doesn't have much competition, I guess. Still, I appreciate all the views, guys! Total Comments: 1,000 (That's gonna grow, soon) Most Frequent Com

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"