Skip to main content

URGENT UPDATE: Collaborative Challenge

I have precisely 0 submissions. I guess that makes sense, a few people I had been counting on doing it had suddenly become very busy before it actually started. And, if I'm going to be honest, I really didn't expect much to come of it, anyways. (Exaggeration, my friends; the mark of a true bard.)
   But, if you are reading this, and you have not been commenting on my blog, I urge you, if you have time, please participate! This is a great way to get involved in the community here, and it's bound to make an excellent first impression! Not to mention it would provide more writers for the challenge than just Lucy and me.
   In fact, you know what, now I have added a space in the submission form so that every time someone submits a part for the challenge, I will have to write a poem with a theme of their choosing. Plus, if you really don't want to get into the community quite yet, and you don't comment on the blog much, you can just use a random pen name that comes off the top of your head and remain anonymous, too, and get that poem that you want! Basically, I'm trying to make the offer appealing enough that anyone who's on the fence about it will be encouraged to submit something. The bottom line:
   This is no longer the time to sit and wait! :D Now you can choose a side! I promise, the rewards won't get any better, unless you write the best in a series of submissions and you win, which is pretty good. But still, keep trying, and with how inactive this is, you're bound to win! At some point!

-Mark Borne

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.