Skip to main content

The April Ant Awards!

...ant awards...huh...has a nice ring to it! (No, I didn't accidentally release this early, I intentionally released it early.)

First, I REALLY want to pull the poll stats! They shocked me so badly! I expected Narnia to get a few votes, sure; but Narnia won with a total of seven votes, 63.6% if all the votes!!! Incredible, right?! The Hunger Games came in second with 2 votes, which wasn't bad considering how I added it in after the poll actually opened. Star Trek and Star Wars both came in tied for third with 1 vote, and Indiana Jones and Lord of the Rings came in last with no votes whatsoever.

If I recall, there was no competition, so I will instead bring news: Lucas' birthday has been declared to be in May! Not a bad birthday month, actually, and lets me have one extra Lucas Story before then, which I've got a good idea for.

READER OF THE MONTH! You know you've been waiting for it! (I think?) The reader of the month is...Marysa Storm! Congratulations! You win virtual doughnuts!

POST OF THE MONTH! What no one has been waiting for! The chosen post is Mark Borne News: Issue #1!

Voting for your favorite genre is now open! Bets for which one will win are open, too! (I'm sure you want to bet, Lucy!)

Also, for the bet between Lucy and me is in. Less than 35,000 views, by the time I'm writing this article (3/30/2019), and undoubtedly less than 40,000 views before April. Sorry, Lucy! My blog sort of went dead (ish) and I got way less views, probably because many of my readers are getting busy with school. I believe that means Lucy has to write a poem about my greatness? That's going to be a very short poem, undoubtedly. (Lucy, you can just post it in comments. It saves me having to make yet another form.)

No competitions for April, and probably none for May, either! There's a reason there's "Spring Break", and there's a reason Spring Break is so long on my blog!

Ideas for the expansion of the blog? Let me know! I'd love to hear your tips!

-Mark Borne

Comments

  1. Congrats, Marysa! :)

    Lol. I think I voted for Star Trek. I have never even watched it, but I know it vaguely.

    And no, I'm not betting. :)

    Oh, drat. Who didn't see this coming? (I'm being sarcastic). Oh, yeah, and since there were no conditions on the genre or tone of the poem, it is heavily sarcastic. Lol.

    Could I send it through your regular form for submissions, perhaps? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tell Kyra, she's adamantly against Star Trek and a proud ally of Star Wars O.O

      Smart xD

      -facepalm- Yes, I should have figured you'd do that xD I was gonna do the same if you won lol

      You can, yeah :D Basically, I just don't want to create another form lol

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Marysa! Congratulations, Mark on your awesome news issues! And congratulations, Narnia! Aslan Rules! (Literally, if you understand what the allegory stands for.)

    I have been waiting for this and most of my predictions came true, about who and what will get the Ant Awards. (I can predict the future. >D)

    Now, down to business. I'm sorry, for not being quite active, I was busy with Math, my English Essay, and DBA's. I submitted a few things to express I was not dead. I am still perfectly alive. :) Also, Mark you can use whatever you want from my poem, "Father (Come Back!)." You know, as long as I am credited some way. (If you are using sections word for word, if not don't worry about it credit due.)

    As well, could we please have a contest this month? Please? I have an idea and everything. We could take inspiration from F. Scott Fitzgerald's quote, "Give me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy." A protagonist that goes through a tragedy or has a tragic ending. It could be a narrative poem or short story dwelling or inspired by the saying above. Or could we just please have some random contest? It doesn't have to be my crazy idea, there can be the collaboration and a contest. I just want a contest.

    Anyway, Mark I'll be submitting new poetry tomorrow after I email, Gabby. Oh, plus, Fantasy or Si-Fi is going to win in your new poll. I voted for Realistic and Historical Fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely, I love the allegory of Narnia, which is why I voted for that :D (Yes, I vote every month, too lol)

      xD Yes, you can! Lol

      Lol Okay, awesome :D And yeah, school kinda sucks, especially DBAs. But, on the flip side, they help in the long run! :D And thanks, I think it'll mostly be the poem making an appearance; perhaps Lucas heard it somewhere and just didn't remember the authors (I'll credit in the post who the real author is lol) and he eventually finds the author? :)

      Hmm...maybe not this month, but definitely for May, now :D Maybe my contests will involve quotes and you have to write something small circulating the quote. If you want to compete against others, and they're willing, however, I won't stop you from doing so!

      Yeah, I figured Fantasy would win, I just wanted to know what the trend was :) And thanks, I appreciate it! You probably are my biggest supporter on my blog -nods seriously-

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. And for awesome characters and epic sword combat -nods-

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.