Skip to main content

My Honest Poem (Poem by Marysa Writes)

I. I am five-foot-nothing. I like watermelon and obsessively watching slam poems. I am not dead, but I often dream. II. I think I am sick. III. I only take care of myself when I know I’ll have to be seen. I put my hair up to trick myself into thinking it is not greasy and wear baggy clothes to trick myself into thinking I’m still eating (normally). IV. I start things and never finish them. I write three lines Then quit I tell friends plans Then quit I read a page Then quit I open my eyes Then quit II. I think I am sick. V. I love too hard. I hand over my heart on a silver platter, giving the treatment of royalty because everyone should feel on top of the social hierarchy sometimes. I give more than what is earned, deserved, but always seem to get hurt. VI. I love poetry. V. It’ll be a miracle if I finish this one. VI. I write to help because II. I think I am sick. VII. I consider music my refuge. I let the words carry me along while I try to VI. create images from the emotions. IV. I struggle with motivation, which leads to unfinished thoughts, words, poems, … IV. I steal my motivation from the way people, things, make me experience a ride through the stages and claim it to be original. I. I am five-foot-nothing and my eyes are sometimes so blue, you’d think I stole the sky so you could get stuck in the clouds. Other times, the green dances in the ocean pools, giving you a place to swim to. I like getting you lost in my eyes. II. I think I am sick. III. I only take care of myself for you. I wear my hair down for you to run your fingers through and wear fitted clothes so you can see what belongs to you. IV. You make me want to finish VI. poems V. declaring how hard I fell for you. VII. You make me want to create songs from your laugh and sing to form a harmony. II. I think I am sick. V. I fell for you so fast, the concussion made my head spin and the butterflies dance to the drum of my heartbeat. II. I think I am sick. V. I think I love you.

Comments

  1. I LOVE THIS MARS!! It's so pretty and it was interesting to hear more about you through poetry form like this, it's beautiful, I really really enjoyed reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I love how it kept on returning to the lines "I think I am sick". it gave it an almost chant-like feel.
    The description of your eyes are beautiful and I love how you pointed out all your faults.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it wasn't an easy poem to write.

      Delete
    2. I picture it being hard. Saying stuff about you that isn't perfect is difficult. A very relatable poem.

      Delete
  3. You see, you really can write a long beautiful poem. I absolutely loved how this was written and the imagery you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you
      Sometimes I can write a little long, not often though. And definitely not as detailed as yours.

      Delete
    2. You did awesome! I'm just the weird freak of nature who has to make everything pretty. But, yours has it's own beauty that doesn't actually need all that detail.

      Delete
    3. Not a freak
      But thank you :) <3

      Delete
  4. Wow, I really loved this. I also love the repetition with "I think I am sick" as well. It flows perfectly, and I especially liked how vulnerable each word feels. It's so personal and that's what makes it beautiful. This was an amazing piece. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per