Skip to main content

Lucas Stories: First Love (February 2019)

The boy sat on a swing on the playground. His father had not come back, yet. He knew it had only been a couple weeks, but it still hurt him.
     "What are you doing?" a girl asked him.
     "Waiting for my dad," the boy responded sadly.
     "Oh. Me, too."
     The boy gave a weak smile. "Maybe we can wait together."
     The girl brightened. "Every day?"
     "Every day after lunch."
     "What if we eat lunch at different times?" the girl wondered.
     "Then we wait for the other to arrive," the boy shrugged.
     The girl grinned. "I've actually got to go for now, but I'll be here tomorrow!"

Three months later...
     The boy sadly told the girl the news. He would not be around for another year, because he'd be going to Florida for the summer and right afterwards would be doing school, as well as working at a candy shop for money. They solemnly said goodbye, and left each other. One year. Then they'd be back together.

Two years later...
     The boy waited on the playground. All the other kids had friends, but he didn't. He had waited an extra year and had lost his one friend. He waited for the girl to return, but she didn't. After an hour of waiting, he began to head home.
     "It's about time you showed up," a girl's voice said. The boy turned and say her there.
     "You were still waiting?" he wondered.
     "Every day," the girl told him with a smile. "And now, we can wait for our fathers every day."

Comments

  1. Psh
    Even fictional characters can find love
    and im sitting alone in pajamas lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is, fiction is fiction. Fake. It's not a reflection on what can be accomplished. It just bends to my will, and since I see too much sorrow in everyday life, I figured I'd give Lucas one story of happiness

      Delete
    2. Doesn't make me any less lonely lol

      Delete
  2. This is so cute. What happened to his dad?
    Working at a candy shop? --Lucas--"Bye dad! I get to work here! SO worth it!" XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His dad went to war; see Lucas Stories: Final Goodbyes (January 2019) :)

      Delete
    2. OH! I missed that detail. XD

      Delete
  3. I loved this. This is cute and it’s also hopeful at the end. I loved that part especially, though it is also kind of sad. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading this. Awesome work. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEK MARK/ANT This is SO sweet!!! I love how she waited so long for him, oh my gosh this is just so sweet, awwwwww!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -sigh- Waiting two years worked out better for her than it did for me, once-upon-a-time

      Delete
    2. You never know, it might work out eventually, life's funny that way :)

      Delete
    3. Lol No, it wouldn't. I loved her when I was far younger, but I don't really want to have anything to do with her, anymore

      Delete
  5. Happy Late Valentines Day, crazies! ( I mean, fellow poets XD.)

    Well, Mark, this is so cute. I loved even with its tinge of sadness, you were able to make it happy and show beauty through a time of darkness. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per