Skip to main content

Character Development Questions

Today I'm gonna do something different; instead of a poem or a story, I'm going to write down things to think about when making your character. Members of the Creative Writing Club may notice it's familiar; that's because it's an adaptation of what I found in one of the club meetings. Things I did were modify several questions, and add categories for each set of questions. As well as reordering them.

I'm partly doing this because I'll be gone most of today, and partly because I haven't finished any poetry or a chapter in Watching Time, yet. I apologize for my laziness 😴


WHO IS YOUR CHARACTER?
First Name: ____________
Last Name: ____________
3-5 Adjectives that describe your character: ______________

WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER CAPABLE OF?
Strengths: ____________________________
Weaknesses: ___________________________

WHAT DOES YOUR CHARACTER WANT AND WHAT DO THEY DO ABOUT IT?
At the start of the story, what is your character's goal?
At the end of the story, what is your character's new goal, if any?
Fears: ___________________________
False Beliefs: _______________________
True Beliefs: _______________________
What created each belief and fear?
What does your character do?

RELATIONSHIPS OF YOUR CHARACTER:
Name 1 thing your character never leaves home without: _____________________
Who is your character's best friend, and how is he/she involved in the adventure, if he/she is?
Other special friends your character may have: ___________________________
Pets (if any are in existence): ________________________
What kind of pet would your character want in a dream world: ________________________
Family Members: _______________________
What kind of environment does your character live in?

PERSONALITY AND MEMORIES OF YOUR MAIN CHARACTER:
Things that irritate your character: _________________________
Things that make your character laugh: ________________________
Proud Memory: _______________________
Embarrassing Memory: ___________________
Learning Memory: ______________________

Comments

  1. So is this for a charcater of watching time or any book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For anything; it's just a character development questions list. Of course, if you make a Fantasy character, you'll want to ask more questions, or maybe if it's a mystery novel the character'll be in, maybe you need to ask less questions, but just a list of basics most genres need -shrug-

      Delete
    2. Cool, though. it's really though provoking. :D

      Delete
    3. I feel like I remember the phrase, "it's really though provoking", and I'm remembering it because the word "though" is a typo, it should be "thought" :/
      Now I wonder where I've heard that before XD

      Delete
    4. Oops. Sorry, I'm in a rush. XD

      Delete
    5. Lol Np, the unknown is just gonna drive me nuts, like it usually does. Hey, at least the unknown is different -shrug-

      Delete
    6. Isn't there a phrase that says "curiosity killed the cat"? (; (I actually hate that quote. Curiosity is what makes us human.)

      Delete
    7. Well, curiosity did lead to much evil, so it's an accurate phrase, but I find curiosity to be much of who I am :P
      ...actually, four of my friends, on separate occasions, jokingly predicted curiosity would kill me. I'm inclined to agree lol

      Delete
    8. I think it's more of curiosity CAN lead to much evil, but yeah, we're both super curious.
      I bet it'll kill both of us.XD

      Delete
  2. This is actually a really cool idea to post. I think more people than who view your blog would find this extremely helpful. You should send it in to be submitted in the club.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per