Skip to main content

Blogger Notice Concerning Google+ and Blogger

So, many of you Google+ Users have probably already heard that, in April, Google+ is going to be shut down. Well, now the Google+ shutdown is affecting blogger in a few ways.

In this post, in blue text, I have copied a notification that I got about blogger:

Following the announcement of Google+ API deprecation scheduled for March 2019, a number of changes will be made to Blogger’s Google+ integration on 4 February 2019. 

Google+ widgets: Support for the “+1 Button”, “Google+ Followers” and “Google+ Badge” widgets in Layout will no longer be available. All instances of these widgets will be removed from your blog. 

+1 buttons: The +1/G+ buttons and Google+ share links below blog posts and in the navigation bar will be removed. 

Please note that if you have a custom template that includes Google+ features, you may need to update your template. Please contact your template supplier for advice. 

Google+ Comments: Support for Google+ comments will be turned down, and all blogs using Google+ comments will be reverted back to using Blogger comments. Unfortunately, comments posted as Google+ comments cannot be migrated to Blogger and will no longer appear on your blog. 

Basically, the only way this will effect my blog is Google+ Comments. I know there are at least two people on my blog who use Google+ Comments, and that will hurt them. I checked, no Google+ Comments have actually been removed, yet, so we might be safe there, but I don't think it'll allow you to post Google+ Comments further, so if you're using that to comment, you might want to make a blogger profile or something.

Comments

  1. Am I Google+? I have no idea, tbh. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you use a Blogger Profile. If you don't use Gmail, then I don't think you can use Google+ either

      Delete
  2. I think I use Google+, right? If I do, how do I use my Gmail or Blogger account without revealing my full name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not using Google+, actually; this is a good change for you, because you kept accidentally using Google+ which revealed your entire name. So, basically, keep commenting as you're commenting, and you'll be fine. Mostly, this was a message to Marysa, who uses Google+, Idk of anyone else using Google+ here, tbh

      Delete
    2. Hew. Alright, thank you, Mark. :) I thought Google+ was what I was using and then using my full name was my email. I am terrible at these kind of things. Thank you, again.

      Delete
    3. Well, it may have been your email, Idk. If you have a Google+ account, it links to your Gmail account and so maybe Blogger, which was created by Google, used your Google+ account instead. Idk, I haven't actually gone in-depth with Blogger, I'm just making a semi-educated guess :P

      Delete
  3. Is mine google? When I go to comment it says "Gabby (Google)" ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I click your name and it takes me to your Blogger profile, so I don't think you're using Google+

      Delete
  4. I had no idea that Google+ is shutting down, until reading this. I’m assuming that comments made with Google+ accounts will be deleted soon, and those who comment with their Google account and Gmail are in the clear, which is how I’m reading this. I think.

    :/ This is so confusing, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're using a blogger profile, so you're safe from it; but yeah, Google+ Comments will be erased. Gmail is safe, as is Google, but Google+ isn't

      Delete
  5. Wait no, that's unfair, hold on it can't shut down, it's all I have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never used it until this blog, though, right...? Lol

      Delete
    2. hangouts is part of google +

      Delete
    3. No, hangouts is part of Google. Google+ is seperate. They can be used together, but hangouts is independent

      Delete
    4. Ah, but hangouts is still ending btw

      Delete
    5. I heard that as a rumor; was it confirmed?

      Delete
    6. Fortunately, it's being rebranded, not shut down.

      Delete
  6. I need to make a blogger profile then. I'm pretty sure I use Google+.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're using Blogger, not Google+

      Delete
    2. I made a blogger profile right after saying that .-.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per