Skip to main content

Lark Adventures: Fraken-Lizard (Written by Al)

Lark: Human, I want to celebrate my victory over Frankenstein Me: You mean the lizard who played dead in my room over Christmas? Who I swatted with a broom for three hours?

Lark: Yes, the giant, six foot tall monster, whom I bravely saved you from.

Me: Sure... (laughs softly off hand) sure, sure Lark.

Lark: Hmm. I want a can of tuna for my feast.

Me: Not gonna happen. And It was a tiny baby lizard.

Lark: Next time I will leave it in your bed. Tiny? Really, well then why did you fall out of bed screaming like a wounded water elephant cat?

Me: a what?

Lark: I forgot about your 'tiny' human brain cannot handle such things as cat folk lore.

Me: cat's aren't technically 'folks' but...

Lark: THE POINT IS IM SAVED YOU FROM A MONSTER!!!!!!

Me: (thinking quietly, yes, you swatted him once then took a nap. then, you slept on while Mr. D came and picked him up and put him outside. ) Okay lark. How about instead, I give you some hairball treats.

Lark: TUNA! TUNA! (chanting) I will go catch another and leave it in your bed!

Me: How are you going to open the door if I don't do it for you?

Lark: I am a cat! doors are mere technicalities.


Me: Lark, please.

Lark: Ungrateful human!!!!!!! Frankenstein was a worthy opponent I defeated.

Me: (sighing in defeat) Fine, I'll see what I can do. (offhand, the things I do for my cat's pride. one day he'll want to be president. Of the world.) I'll go get a can opener.

Lark, proudly: Good. About time my orders were followed, I am a king after all. British short hair, descended from Marie antonette, British royalty.

Me: I always obey your orders, I have done it for three years

Lark: get the tuna.

Comments

  1. YESSSSS! MORE LARK!!!!!!!!!!! This. Is. My. Life!!!! This is hilarious! If my cat had a voice, it would probably talk like this... well, good thing he doesn't. One of my favorite lines are:
    I am a king after all. British short hair, descended from Marie antonette, British royalty.

    The things I do for my cat's pride. one day he'll want to be president. Of the world.


    Typo #1- I am a cat! doors are mere technicalities--doors should be capitalized
    Typo #2-THE POINT IS IM SAVED YOU FROM A MONSTER!!!!!!--not sure if the "IM" is intentional or not
    Typo #3-descended from Marie antonette,-- antonette should be capitalized
    But besides these unintentional slip-ups, this is pure perfection. :)
    Please write more, Al!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, once again, I love the Lark Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, another one! I really love this one. It's so hilarious and amusing. One of my cats is a tuxedo cat that's sort of fat, and he "talks" in meows 24/7. If he's happy, sad, whatever--A big ole' MEOW-MEOW! This reminds me of him, and if he could speak, he'd be like this... but while chugging down his favorite dry food. Lol.
    Anyway, Al, I loved this piece, and it was really entertaining. It was so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Al replied, "I love tuxedos, they are so dapper. I wrote that in fifteen minutes and did not have time to proof read. Usually I try not to make those mistakes. Thank you everyone for supporting Lark! He appreciates it. I think. Well, actually he's plotting right now, but I can still speak for him, so thank you! Cat's are very funny."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Lark doesn't appreciate it, but his human probably does! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.