Skip to main content

Interview with Marysa Writes

Question 1: "Why is writing so important to you?"

Oh, jeeze, okay. It used to be my only outlet. Still kind of is, but it would be the only way I could get all these bottled up emotions somewhere other than inside of my head. It came to me during a time I needed it the most, when I had absolutely no one, and it still acts as that outlet. It's a much healthier way of venting and since then has become not only my go to, but a genuine interest that I enjoy. I can't foresee myself quitting, it was like I got on a train and now I never want to get off. Or an addict that doesn't want to come down from the high.



Question 2: “What are some things you do in real life to help come up with inspiration?”

Honestly, I don't really do anything. I read a lot, and listen to music and sometimes a word or phrase can spark inspiration. I've read a lot of poetry, which has helped bring me towards my style of writing, and sometimes a word or phrase in a poem triggers an idea for a poem. But mostly, my poems are taken from real experiences. I'm not always sure what brings them about, because they're not always recent events. Sometimes a dream or a memory, and sometimes I just write. It's pretty natural most of the time, the poems write themselves. 



Question 3: “How do you go about designing a character (protagonist or antagonist) for a story?"

I don't xD. I usually come up with a name and develop them as I go along. I like to favor sarcastic humor though, so the protagonist is usually that. It's pretty random at first and the character creates itself in the first prologue/chapter. Sometimes I'll plan to have another character ahead of time, but never really decide the personality ahead, just the name and appearance (even this isn't consistent though). 



Question 4: "If you could go back and change one moment in your past, and have a different present/future, would you use that opportunity, or would you allow things to move the same way they have?"

Oh, wow, this one is a really hard one. See, if I say yes, I'd be living a completely different life, I would never have met you for example. My goals would be completely different, I more than likely would have never started writing. Wow...this is hard lol. I've made a lot of huge, horrible mistakes and there's a lot I could make different, but then again I never would have been able to recognize things I needed to change...so....No, I don't think I would. If I did, I could be improving huge aspects of my situation but not my character, so no, I wouldn't.

Comments

  1. HAAAAA
    Basic.
    I wonder who's so baaaasic xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Marysa, you are spectacularly natural at interviews! This is so fascinating too. I love seeing into the head of fellow authors. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...no applause for the guy who spent nearly an hour total thinking up different interview answers, and still ended with just four? :P
      Lol Jk, the highlights of interviews are the interviewee's answers XD

      Delete
    2. lol. XD
      Those were impressive questions, though. The last one was really difficult looking.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I really have no clue how I'd respond to my last question, if I was the one being interviewed...lol

      Delete
    4. I would probably stare at the computer screen for a good 10 minutes, that's for sure! XD

      Delete
    5. I feel low-key complimented lol

      Delete
  3. Ha! This is so cool! Great job Marysa and Ant! Ant, I have to do interviews for the yearbook club (teacher interviews) so I have to come up with like 12 interview questions and call a teacher and ask them, you thought 4 was tough? Jk, you did really good! -thumbs up
    Awesome answers too Marysa! I feel the same, I dont plan my characters, and if I do, I usually don't stick with what I planned. Really good answers, I would find it tough to answer some of these. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, see, Gabby recognizes the value of proper interview questions :) Jk, lol, I'll stop attacking you, Kyra
      Now, addressing your comment, Gabby:
      Woah, 12 questions?! Well, at least that's a teacher. For me, it's far easier to interview people older than me, and a bit easier to interview people younger than me. Interviewing people my age is a bit tricky :P

      Delete
    2. Haha! Yes I do, its tough. Especially with a teacher. Its like ending a DBA and asking the teacher questions, kind of awkward, I think it would be more comfortable to ask peers interview questions tbh, but it would be tough to modify the answers I guess. XD

      Delete
    3. Lol Maybe XD I tend to understand people my age a lot better, though, so for the most part, I already know how a peer will answer, and when I interview, I'm looking for new information. If it's someone younger, I won't get as much, but I can get a good amount of info, and with someone much older...lol it's like a well of knowledge, which is super cool

      Delete
    4. Well, true. If you analyze it like that.... XD And true, I dont think I ever interviewed any people my age, thats just an assumption, even thought I'll be interviewing the NIAC EIC soon (way overdue) so I need to do that soon. So I'll feel your "interviewing a younger person" pain. XD

      Delete
  4. Saw my name and was confused for a sec

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.