Skip to main content

Mark's Guide to Getting Up in the Morning

Disclaimer: As usual, this guide is not meant to be insulting to anyone or anything. Even if it was, I can assure you, this would first and foremost be insulting to me.

It has come to my attention that a lot of people have problems getting up in the morning, so I have composed this guide to assist those of you who have those problems. Don't worry, I'm totally a certified expert. I did it once a couple years ago, I think. (Or was it a decade ago...? Hard to tell.)

The first step is waking up. There's a number of ways to do this. In your dream, you could either punch yourself in the face, jump off a cliff, let a monster eat you, or scream, "JELLY BEANS!" at the top of your lungs. They all work equally efficiently, although I'd recommend not giving the fictional people in your dream the false hope of candy, and choosing one of the other options.

Now you're awake, and you're glued to your bed, and you have no way of moving. You're immobilized, and you're brain-dead. Since you're brain-dead, you can't craft a creative solution, which is why this guide is of the utmost importance. My solution, scream. One of two things'll happen:

A) Your family runs in worried sick, and after realizing it's a false alarm, force you out of your bed and forces you to get on with the day. If this is the case, congratulations, you're finished! No need to finish the rest of the article!

B) Nothing happens, no one enters your room, and no one shoves you off your bed and onto the cold, hard floor. If this is the case, mentally smile at the fact that you're not being treated like a lazy idiot who can't get out of bed. Now would be a good time to realize you should have finished the article before going to bed so you'd be armed with the following knowledge.

Since no one's coming to help you, you need a new strategy. Usually, you can still move your head to varying degrees. If you can't, you're doomed. I can't help you.

If you can, great! You're still doomed. Just keep screaming until someone comes and forces you out of your bed.

Comments

  1. This is HILARIOUS!!!! XD

    That's nice to have a disclaimer not to let your dream folk be disappointed because of false jelly bean hopes.

    I'll scream! That'll help! Also, if no one comes to get you after you sceam, morn over the fact that you are alone! :) XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D

      Or...-cough- to keep my friends from feeling insulted about me calling them "lazy" and "idiot" -cough-

      If no one comes up, though, do you really NEED to get up? You might as well just stay in bed and sleep :D

      Delete
    2. I was referring to "although I'd recommend not giving the fictional people in your dream the false hope of candy"

      yup! No one to disappoint.

      Delete
    3. Oh...I thought you were referring to the message at the top that said, "DISCLAIMER" xD

      Delete
  2. "You're immobilized, and you're brain-dead." Sounds like sleep-paralysis. Lol.

    This is a great guide with excellent advice. I hope the screaming works, but if no one gets up and they can't get up, who's going to wake THEM up? Ah, a paradox!

    Seriously, though, this was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the sad truth -nods-

      The question becomes: "Then who cares?" Lol Just sleep forever :D

      Delete
  3. Ha! I love this, so hilarious and well thought out, I should of checked this last night before waking up at 10:20 today xD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.