Skip to main content

10 Animated Films You Should Watch

10) Toy Story
"To infinity...and beyond!" -Buzz Lightyear

Toy Story is definitely a good film to watch! The reason it's not higher on the list is the rewatch value. While I believe you're missing a lot if you haven't seen this film, it's not one I've ever enjoyed rewatching. This movie shows the value of friendship and teaches us not to take things at face value.

9) Up
"My name is Doug and I have just met you and I love you." -Doug

I grew up loving the movie "Up" but I never fully appreciated it. It's hard to relate to Carl as a young boy, after all. But once you've been crushed by the hard reality of life at least once, watch it again. It's a fun movie that shows us that our dreams rarely come true, but when they're crushed, we should keep pushing forwards and not give up, because there may be something better waiting.

8) Cars
"This grumpy old race car I know once told me something: it's just an empty cup." -Lightning McQueen

Especially in our day and age, competition is everything. Even I find myself mercilessly fighting against my opponents in games, doing everything I can to win! (Not related to the fact that I have competitive relatives at all.) But as "Cars" shows, winning isn't everything. The movie shows us that losing isn't the end of the world, and we shouldn't sacrifice our relationships with others for a single victory, no matter how big the victory may be.

7) Bolt
"You're a good boy! You're my good boy..." -Penny

Poor Bolt thinks he's a super dog, and all he wants is to protect Penny, but in this movie, those dreams are shattered. He realizes he's simply the star of a TV show for kids, and he has to come to terms with that fact. Bolt shows us that just because you don't have powers doesn't mean you aren't special, or that you can't be a hero.

6) Inside Out
"Find the fun!" -Joy

First off, don't take this movie literally. It's the worst movie to do that with, because at first glance, it seems to teach us that we're not responsible for rash decisions. In actuality, "Inside Out" is supposed to show us that change can be downright scary, but it opens so many possibilities we'd never have had access to! Change is part of growth, and it's part of becoming a better person. Also, it teaches us not to run away from home. (Which is technically illegal for those under 18, anyways.)

5) How To Train Your Dragon
"Everything we know about them...is wrong!" -Hiccup

Society says a lot of things. Some things are true, some things are false, and so it's a difficult place because you've got to learn how to identify right and wrong. In "How To Train Your Dragon", Hiccup, the scrawny child of a bulky viking tribe, really wants to be a dragon slayer, like the best of his village. In his mind, it'll make everything much easier. Eventually, though, he gets that chance, and he instead releases the dragon he caught. The dragons spares Hiccup's life, and the viking begins studying the dragons out of curiosity, and discovers that dragons really aren't that bad.

4) Meet the Robinsons
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward..." -Walt Disney

Keep Looking Forward. That's the theme of "Meet The Robinsons", and it's actually repeated several times throughout the movie. It doesn't mean ignore the past, it just means don't give up on the future. Keep pressing forward. One failure doesn't mean you'll always fail, nor does two or three or four or even a hundred failures. Just ignore all the time-travel loopholes when watching this movie. It gets really annoying really fast if you focus on all that. (Also, if you notice, I have subtitles for each movie with a quote from the movie. The one I provided is from "Meet The Robinsons" although I credited it to Walt Disney for having said it first. Pretty much, this entire movie is built around one of Walt Disney's quotes.)

3) Wreck-It Ralph
"The only one I want to be...is me." -Ralph

In the movie Bolt, sure we learned anyone could be a hero, but Ralph had to learn the hard way that not everyone is meant to be a literal hero. Wreck-It Ralph is the villain of his game, and all he wants is for the arcade to like him, for him to be seen as a hero. So he raids a game, collects a medal, and accidentally finds himself trapped in a candy racing game called Sugar Rush, where he has just unleashed a virus. Along the way, he makes valuable friends and decides that perhaps it's not so bad being the villain of his game, if it means keeping those he loves safe.

2) Megamind
"I made you the hero. You did the fooling part all on your own." -Megamind

Megamind is such a great villain that he finally managed to defeat his nemesis! Except...what happens now? Megamind has no idea what to do. He's happy at first, but after accidentally falling in love with a reporter that he used to capture and torture, he begins to feel empty. He pursues that relationship, but makes one vitally major mistake in the process: he creates a hero to stop him. Unfortunately, though, heroic deeds aren't genetic, so the hero goes rogue, and his first target is Megamind himself.

1) The Emperor's New Groove
"It doesn't make sense by all accounts." -Kronk

I just can't write a review that does this movie justice. Just don't take the movie seriously, because if you do, it's gonna suck. It's about the emperor, an arrogant character who doesn't care about others, as he goes on a journey that changes everything he believes about himself. So, basically, he's like a comical Disney version of Han Solo in a movie that makes no sense, yet has enough humor and plot to make it one of the best animated films ever created!

Other movies I honestly think are worth a good watch: Big Hero 6, Tangled, The Incredibles,  Finding Nemo, Wall-E, Monsters Inc., The Lego Movie, Zootopia, Bambi

Comments

  1. Yay! I have seen all of these movies! Maybe not the first half hour nor in the past decade, but i have seen them!

    "But once you've been crushed by the hard reality of life at least once, watch it again. It's a fun movie" I died at this point XD

    Whoo! Star Wars reference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! :D A lot of these are ones I saw while I lived in Texas. Actually, about half of these my grandparents owned and so we watched them a lot

      It's true, though; it's much better once you can relate to Carl

      WHAT?! Where?! O.O

      Delete

    2. *sigh* sweet, sweet childhood memeries.

      Yeah, I watched that movie relatively recently, and it really get's better with age.

      describing the emperor llama guy as Han Solo

      Delete
    3. STILL HALF ANONYMOUS ANT9/19/2019 02:24:00 PM

      Yeah...

      A lot of Pixar movies do, I find. I guess those are the kind of movies that grow up with you

      Oh, yeah, right xD He really is, though, Cocky, arrogant, full of himself...

      Delete
  2. I've seen all of these but inside out, megamind and meet the Robinsons, good list, I loved all of these, my personal favorites were Bolt or Up xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bolt is a really awesome movie

      Delete
    2. It is, bolt remind me of my dog Bun Bun and my mom always said I reminded her of Penny xD
      I liked the wanderlust vibe of the movie though- and the realism of the way society revolved around stray animals works, even though it's not as luxurious as it was put out to be, it was pretty accurate

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.