Skip to main content

Untitled - Intro (Written by Marysa Writes)

The broken street signs protrude at jagged angles from the mass of rubble that lies before me. I stand where thirteen story walls of concrete and glass once stood; when this ruined city was still considered home. Where kids would run around all day with no worries besides who was ‘it,’ and parents talked happily amongst themselves from the park benches. But that was before. Before the bombing, before the fear, before I became the face of rebellion. Now I stand, staring out at the mess, with a group of Rebels behind me; each armed with pistols and three magazines of ammunition. I’m well aware Rebels isn’t the most brilliant name, but we voted as a group, and it was either that or The Ferocious. Despite it being horribly unoriginal, the name fits. We are rebels; fighting against the majority, opposed to their views, and trying to change their way of operating. As I begin my search for survivors, I pass by the old city church. I gave up on religion years ago, when they started creating new versions of the bible, claiming an invisible man in the sky told them to do so. They called them “Glorified Bibles,” altering their contents to correspond with laws the president wanted to impose-but couldn’t. Maybe that’s how they’re able to eradicate entire states and provinces with no repercussions. I’m approaching the woods lining the east side of the city when I hear it; the clink of aluminum hitting concrete. The hissing of the can emptying its contents is the last thing I hear before the world turns white.

Comments

  1. Oooo, I never liked dystopia as much before as I do with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means a lot, haha, I need to continue it. I have some more than this written, and I quite like this story.

      Delete
  2. Man, you’re leaving me hanging with this one! Anyway, I really enjoyed reading this and it drew me in vividly. This was another amazing story, and I do wonder if this will be continued. This marathon was awesome, overall, and I enjoyed reading your works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you. I'll definitely start updating these more, and having more posted since it seems to be enjoyed so much.

      Delete
    2. Yay! I can't wait. :)

      Delete
  3. AHHHHHH!!!!!!! What happened???? This is so good!!!!!
    I love the opening paragraph and how it sucked you in.
    When you made fun of the rebel's name it really was hilarious.
    When you mentioned the they changed religion it reminds me so much of 1984 by George Orwell. It was so fascinating to see your interoperation of rewriting history. Please write more! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much xD
      I intend to work on it more, hopefully soon. There is more than this, but idk if it's enough to constitute a post (Though, it probably is)

      Delete
    2. Well, evidently something worked out because today a new chapter was posted!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.