Skip to main content

Only One (Poem by Gabby L.)

Only one knows the pain I endured Only one sees the disease incurred Only one knows the hurt that I have Only one knows when I’m truly sad Only one see the life that I live Only one see the true efforts I give Only one sees because no one else cares He’s the only light, the only one here He’s the only word, no one else heard He’s the only blanket when I’m cold He’s always new, it never gets old Hes the only one I trust with everything Because people always end up breaking He never has and he never will His promises will always prevail He will never leave me standing alone He will never walk away from my home He will never hurt me and give me pain He gives me life, I will always speak his name Because it’s so wonderful to have someone Who will hold your secrets, telling you it is done He tells me the past is the past and that this fear Will always be temporary, it never seems to last When the world is quiet and my heart is silent You know what my mind can’t say You know the words that love to play On the thin of my lips, of broken lies and promises You know everything God, and I pray You watch over me As I go through these heart wrenching diversities And I know you will, you are always right beside me You are the light that I will always be able to see You say all things are new, the done is done Oh God, you are the only one

Comments

  1. This is beautiful, Gabby. My eyes watered and everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you Shalymar, I'm so happy you liked it! :) Sorry to make your eyes water!!!

      Delete
  2. THIS IS SOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!! I love the rhyme scheme! I love how you started out naming your faults, and then resolved them in the end. You made God seem so comforting and such a peaceful shelter from the storm of life. This poem is so beautiful and relatable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much!!! I'm so happy you liked it and got the meaning of it!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Would You Rather...? (#1)

These "Would You Rathers" are small, but they're meant to start debates. Debates, not arguments! Anyways, here's the first one: "In a mystery novel, would you rather have a friend by your side helping you while risking his/her own life... ...or would you rather have your friend safe at home counting on you to solve the mystery and come out safely?"

Nexus Mad Libs

I assume most of you are familiar with what Mad Libs are. Basically, you're given a bunch of blanks to fill in, and you do so without knowing what the story is. Each blank has a part of speech labeling it, and that blank needs something that fits the part of speech. For example: Adjective: ________ --> Adjective: Explosive In the end, we usually have a hilarious end result that makes no sense whatsoever. One example is this (which is a real result I got once with my siblings): "Another way to help you fall asleep faster is drinking a nuclear glass of warm vinegar ." First, let's go over some rules. Obviously, keep it family friendly. This still goes for all blog content. Do not submit two words in a row. Submit one, and when someone else does one, you may do another. Submit through comments. That'll make it easier for me to assemble the final result. The category is Medieval Heroes . Here are the blanks: Adjective: Constipated (Kyra) Per

Q/A With Shaly

This was bound to happen, like so much that the one that is probably next is I don't know... The Poet of Steel or Spitfire or Lady Knight, or just some other crazy. Plus, you guys know the drill. Mark's Addition : So...well...yeah, if anyone else wants to do one, let me know. Apparently, this is the thing to do on my blog right now, though I admit, I have no clue why.